FF 33 will not open after Yosemite installation

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
podbay

Re: FF 33 will not open after Yosemite installation

Post by podbay »

Firefox has a Hardware Acceleration option, which was turned on. I turned it off, but the reaction was still the same. I have to restart to get a fresh FF page, otherwise I continue to receive the Mozilla Crash Report. :-(

I'm not sure how to check if my video card drivers are up-to-date on a Mac. However, as far as I can tell, when Apple rolls out a software update, it will also update any components on the Mac as well.

Thanks to everyone who is trying to help solve this problem. I will be offline for the next 12-14 hours.
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

podbay wrote:https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/39f08980-1dcf-49b6-ac13-8a5b72141018

A user in the French Mozilla forum "Geckozone" had the same problem with a similar crash report as yours:
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... f672141019
He is Facebook user and we solved his problem by asking him to delete the "fbplugin_1_0_3" in ~/Library/Internet Plug-ins/
podbay

Post by podbay »

Eckard: Thank you for this suggestion. I checked ~Library/Internet Plug-ins/, and deleted "fbplugin_1_0_3". I closed FF, reopened it and it worked. I tried it again, and got the Crash Report.

I noticed in the ~Library/Internet Plug-ins/ folder, there are two other FB plugins: fbplugin_1_0_0.plugin, and fbplugin_1_0_1.plugin. Should I delete those as well?

Thank you for your help.
Eckard

Post by Eckard »

podbay wrote:I noticed in the ~Library/Internet Plug-ins/ folder, there are two other FB plugins: fbplugin_1_0_0.plugin, and fbplugin_1_0_1.plugin. Should I delete those as well?

Yes, delete both of them.
jhellow

Post by jhellow »

I have been having the same problems with an immediate firefox 33 crash upon opening since I updated to Yosemite. I have deleted everything and reloaded and I checked for the problematic fb plugins but they are not present in that folder. Hopefully, Mozilla will get on this quickly.
podbay

Post by podbay »

Eckard: I deleted the other two FB plugins, and FF 33 is now loading after I quit the program. So hopefully this solves it. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. No way on Planet Earth would I have had any idea about deleting those plug-ins.

With gratitude,
podbay.
jhellow

Post by jhellow »

I was looking in the wrong Library folder. The FB Plug in is in the User Library Internet Plug in Folder. Once removed even Firefox Nightly is stable. Thanks for the help.