Firefox render SVG-icons different

Discuss how to use and promote Web standards with the Mozilla Gecko engine.
E.Hansen

Firefox render SVG-icons different

Post by E.Hansen »

Firefox render SVG-icons different in the same menu on my homepage

my homepage:
on an apache server
CMS = Joomla! with a template named "allrounder 3"
the site is not published yet.
everything updated and ok.
I use Inkscape and Notepad++ as svg editor.

There is a main menu, as a line crossover the site, as usual, in this menu there is, on shift, an icon and a word for each choice. All icons are SVG (a shift to PNG, solve the problem, but I want SVG).

Up to firefox v.30 it worked fine, but after updating to the following versions some of the menu-sets are shown in to lines, it look like total failure, and I can't publish it.

The fault only appear in firefox browsers, and it had work fine in lower versions of firefox. I had look deeply in the SVG-code, but can't find any problems and everything seem to be fine, well, I'm just a beginner so who knows.

I have try it out in a XAMPP server too, it gives exactly the same result.

But again, it only appears in the latest versions of firefox, and not in other browsers, so what can it possible be?

Can it be firefox there is render some, but not all, svg differently from earlier, where it worked just fine?
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox render SVG-icons different

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Web Development.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

SVG isn't really "ready" for that kind of deployment. Support is spotty and rendering is slow, and obviously it will completely fail on older browsers.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
E.Hansen

Post by E.Hansen »

patrickjdempsey wrote:SVG isn't really "ready" for that kind of deployment. Support is spotty and rendering is slow, and obviously it will completely fail on older browsers.

Yes that's the easy way out, but I am wondering if it may be true that the programmers of ff will leave it to that, at ff was less functionality than previous versions or they want to know that there is a problem and possibly get material there can pinpoint the error, if that is the case.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Not to many Firefox developers here. This forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

You are welcome to try to report this to Mozilla, the people who develop Firefox (Fx not ff). However you will need to sign up, and I'm not sure how to categorize that: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/