battlefield 4 battlelog in x64 firefox

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
patrickjdempsey

Re: battlefield 4 battlelog in x64 firefox

Post by patrickjdempsey »

So the 64-bit plugin will run if Firefox reports that it's 32-bit? Sounds like a top-notch development team they have there.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
therube

Post by therube »

(I took it to mean that there were both 32 & 64-bit versions of the Plugin, but I wasn't real clear on that. And he never answered the question as to whether it shows up in Addons Manager.

And kiba-urufu post seems to confirm that, with the added information that you still need to do more to get it working in FF.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
St4v0

Post by St4v0 »

kiba-urufu wrote:This is actually an issue with Battlelog. The plugin is actually 64-bit compatible (They had to push that out once people started whining about not being able to launch BF4 from Chrome when that went 64-bit), but battlelog will still block Firefox 64bit based on the useragent.

The temporary solution is to spoof your user agent to look like Firefox 32bit.

I found this out myself when I started digging into the code for battlelog after also being perplexed as to why Chrome 64bit worked but Firefox 64bit didn't. The original solution I worked out from that code dive was to first try to join a server, get the error, and then run

Code: Select all

launcher.playablePersona[2048].allowRunGame = true

From then on everything should work fine until you reload battlelog.

nice find,how would i have to enter this for it to work please?
is their any way it can be entered into about:config to make it semi perminant?
and what channels would i need to go through to get battlelog from blocking it if the above cant be done?
St4v0

Post by St4v0 »

i got it ,just entering it into console seems to sort it short term.
shame this cant be added in some way to make it permanently bypass the problem.
or would it simpler to try and ask for this to be changed directly with the plugin like the main battlelog forums?
kiba-urufu

Post by kiba-urufu »

St4v0 wrote:is their any way it can be entered into about:config to make it semi perminant?

A more permanent solution is to install the UAControl addon and specify the following user agent for battlog.com; though I can't currently confirm if this method still works.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0

This will (theoretically) allow you to use battlelog without having to run the aforementioned code everytime you visit battlelog.

St4v0 wrote:...would it simpler to try and ask for this to be changed directly with the plugin like the main battlelog forums?

Posting about this issue in the battlelog forums couldn't hurt and would hopefully put a bit more pressure on the devs to correct the problem.
Firefox Nightly
Win7x64 | Ubuntu 12.04
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz | 8GB RAM | Radeon R9 290X and Radeon HD 7850
St4v0

Post by St4v0 »

kiba-urufu wrote:
St4v0 wrote:is their any way it can be entered into about:config to make it semi perminant?

A more permanent solution is to install the UAControl addon and specify the following user agent for battlog.com; though I can't currently confirm if this method still works.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0

This will (theoretically) allow you to use battlelog without having to run the aforementioned code everytime you visit battlelog.

St4v0 wrote:...would it simpler to try and ask for this to be changed directly with the plugin like the main battlelog forums?

Posting about this issue in the battlelog forums couldn't hurt and would hopefully put a bit more pressure on the devs to correct the problem.

thank you,uacontrol did in fact allow it to work.
so now i ghess its just down to if they ever release an updated version that allows its use without this method being used.
Thanks again.