[Ext] Speed Dial 0.1 : 4-15-2007

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
keithy397

Re: [Ext] Speed Dial 0.1 : 4-15-2007

Post by keithy397 »

Hi,

Did you check the settings for the thumbnail?

Edit Dial > Layout (Tab)
Cheers,
Keith
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Hello, thanks for your response but I'm referring to the background image rather than dial image. I'll see if I can post pics to illustrate. The SpeedDial background image has a "greener" tinge compared to the original:

This is Speed Dial background image:

This is Speed Dial background on top of wallpaper (same image):

This is the wallpaper image viewed using the same browser (to eliminate Firefox/PaleMoon as a possible cause):

This is the same wallpaper using another program to view:
Springtime

Post by Springtime »

I just transferred my Mac's Firefox profile over to Windows 8 and the speed dial background can no longer be set.

The paths are fine, yet no matter what I do the background fails to be set now via Edit Group>Additional Style Options. Any solutions?
Springtime

Post by Springtime »

Found what the problem was - Firefox couldn't read from a folder I created within Firefox's root directory. Strange, and I have no idea how to make it read from it. Tried changing ownership via the preferences but no luck.

Anyone know how?

Edit: temporary fix was to convert the image to a dataURI and paste it in the field. Not an ideal solution, but until I know how to get Firefox to read it's own profile folder it'll do.

cc9cii wrote:Hello, thanks for your response but I'm referring to the background image rather than dial image. I'll see if I can post pics to illustrate. The SpeedDial background image has a "greener" tinge compared to the original:

Only just noticed this. The reason for the difference could be due to the image having embedded metadata (such as gamma values) that are rendered differently in apps. I use PNGCrush to remove gamma values, however there are likely other apps that will strip all embedded profiles, etc.
JeeperDon

Post by JeeperDon »

When you select 'Hide Unused Dials', the mouse hover over the blank dial and having it pop up for a second is annoying. Can the 'hover makes the dial show' be suppressed as well?
sarah451

Post by sarah451 »

Does anyone know the difference between the Actions Export Dials and Export Settings?

Both make a file named Currentsettings.speeddial
The file made by Export Settings is a bit bigger.
But, when I bring them back in or try to use them to copy settings from one machine to another, I can't tell any difference between using one file or the other.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

Springtime wrote:
cc9cii wrote:Hello, thanks for your response but I'm referring to the background image rather than dial image. I'll see if I can post pics to illustrate. The SpeedDial background image has a "greener" tinge compared to the original:

<snip>

Only just noticed this. The reason for the difference could be due to the image having embedded metadata (such as gamma values) that are rendered differently in apps. I use PNGCrush to remove gamma values, however there are likely other apps that will strip all embedded profiles, etc.

Thanks for the hint - I fixed issue by changing gfx.color_management settings in about:config.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

there is a change in firefox v34 aurora - showcase cant grab a proper preview from speed dial (same author). i only see a small line of my (colored) tabs in speed dial but the rest below of preview is empty. i notice also an additional shadow which is not present when displaying history or bookmarks in sidebar. the position of this shadow graphic is depending on the amount of previews <> open tabs. same issue for the tab preview (popup).

OS windows 7, i use some glass styles

concerning .showcaseWindow for the sidebar and #showcaseWindow for the popup.

no clue here

add:
the shadow is from the last preview itself and it not only go out to the right into the website window it also exceeds to the bottom.
KarmaQ

Post by KarmaQ »

Not sure if this add-on is developed anymore, however, just thought I'd let you know that it's stopped working in today's Nightly build. The console errors are:

Code: Select all

TypeError: SpeedDialPrefObserver is undefined

Code: Select all

NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80570016  (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]
Sergio Roberto

Post by Sergio Roberto »

I do not know if this is the correct place, so in case I am wrong, I apologize.

Suddenly, when I press the icon "Open a new tab with Speed Dial", only a blank page appears. My icon "Assign a Spped Dial slot to the current page" is still there and complete.
Could someone inform?
mantiscorp

Post by mantiscorp »

Sergio Roberto wrote:Suddenly, when I press the icon "Open a new tab with Speed Dial", only a blank page appears. My icon "Assign a Spped Dial slot to the current page" is still there and complete

I confirm this behaviour in Firefox Nightly builds since November, 2014
Sergio Roberto

Post by Sergio Roberto »

mantiscorp wrote:I confirm this behaviour in Firefox Nightly builds since November, 2014

I short, we will have to wait for Nightly to solve the matter.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80570016

same for clippings - if clippings has a solution SD will have one too!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!categ ... PduH4ZfJbQ
viewtopic.php?p=13860353#p13860353
bartha

Post by bartha »

Speed dial + Nightly 36

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]" nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://speeddial/content/speeddialUtils.js :: SpeedDialUtils.getCacheService :: line 123" data: no]

NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]
and
TypeError: SpeedDialPrefObserver is undefined
Sergio Roberto

Post by Sergio Roberto »

I gave up, changed Nightly for Waterfox and all my settings were imported and worked perfectly.
So, I deleted Nightly.