my browser page keeps "jumping"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
avanator

my browser page keeps "jumping"

Post by avanator »

I'm running the latest FF on XP... and when certain pages open up (some with ads, some without)... the browser page and toolbars are twitching and jumping... almost as if the page has a 'tick'. The entire window itself is still, but it's just the toolbars and page that keep "jumping".

IE works just fine, and I only just installed my OS and everything onto a new Hard Drive so there are no viruses. I'm guessing there is some plug-in or something that I may need... but what do I know!

Anyone know what may be doing this? Any suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
sheehan

Post by sheehan »

you probably have an empty toolbar. Uncheck any toolbars you are not using.
no extensions should be necessary

Post by Guest »

thanks for the advice - I think you're right... I'll restore to the default and hopefully that will do the trick! Thanks for the quick response. :)

Post by Guest »

I had the same problem and i right clicked an empty space on the toolbar and disabled the bookmark toolbar, no more jumping!, let us know.
avanator

Post by avanator »

it was still happening again tonight, but I tweaked the toolbars and disabled the bookmark bar and so far so good... that jumping was SO annoying. Thanks for the advice, I'm hoping it's taken care of for good!
FallenDarkest

Post by FallenDarkest »

if that "jumping" again occur, then create a fresh new profile