Firefox 33.1 compatibility

Discuss application theming and theme development.
jorgev

Firefox 33.1 compatibility

Post by jorgev »

I just posted Firefox 33.1 compatibility in the Add-ons Blog. This is a surprise release that was published yesterday and potentially affects all complete themes due to the introduction of a new button. Let me know if your compatibility update is in the queue and I will make sure it is approved quickly.
Jorge Villalobos
Add-ons Developer Relations Lead, Mozilla
Frank Lion

Re: Firefox 33.1 compatibility

Post by Frank Lion »

jorgev wrote:... and potentially affects all complete themes due to the introduction of a new button.

Potentially affects all most complete themes due to the introduction of a new button

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... lis-theme/

It is also the original code template I developed to greatly reduce the possibility of themes constantly needing to be fixed due to the many changes that now occur with Firefox since its 'Rapid Release' policy. Essentially, the theme 'flexes and adjusts' to the changes.

That 'flexes and adjusts' stuff wasn't just the usual empty rhetoric you read on the Net.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

jorgev wrote:I just posted Firefox 33.1 compatibility in the Add-ons Blog. This is a surprise release that was published yesterday and potentially affects all complete themes due to the introduction of a new button. Let me know if your compatibility update is in the queue and I will make sure it is approved quickly.

Yes please, I have one in the queue.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Is the button going to stay or is it just part of the surprise?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
jorgev

Post by jorgev »

All features introduced in 33.1 should be as permanent as any other feature.
Jorge Villalobos
Add-ons Developer Relations Lead, Mozilla
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

LoudNoise wrote:Is the button going to stay or is it just part of the surprise?

Staying. One more button in 34 and 3 more in 36 coming, by the looks of it.

Not sure why this 'Forget' button (amusingly called the #panic-button internally) is now being called a surprise as it's been slopping around in the betas for a while (along with the E10's window button)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

jorgev wrote:This version has been approved for the public.

Thank you very much!
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

^^ My bad, I was under the impression it had just made it to 35. Since seems like a damn odd thing to introduce mid-release.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

LoudNoise wrote:^^ My bad, I was under the impression it had just made it to 35. Since seems like a damn odd thing to introduce mid-release.

My guess is just adding a DuckDuckGo search engine didn't exactly make for an earth shattering celebratory 10th year edition, so they brought this revamp of 'Clear Recent History' forward at the last minute.