The operation is insecure

Discuss how to use and promote Web standards with the Mozilla Gecko engine.
internetique

The operation is insecure

Post by internetique »

Hi,

I'm a developer in Web applications.
Since I implemented a Javascript error log, I'm getting errors like "The operation is insecure" on this instruction:
[code]else if (styleSheet.cssRules) return styleSheet.cssRules;[/code]
As far as I can see in the Web, this error is nornaly fired when the style sheet comes fron anoter domain, bu I can guaranty it is not the case.
Is it possible that this error can occur in the same domain due to some settings in the visitor's browser?
LoudNoise

Re: The operation is insecure

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Web Development.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Can you post a link to a test case which generates the error when you know it should not occur?
internetique

Post by internetique »

>>Can you post a link to a test case which generates the error when you know it should not occur?

Sorry, I can't reproduce the case in a test.
The error occurs from time to time in the script that manages the menu bar, but it never happened to me.

Many sites, for instance :
http://www.aqpf.qc.ca/
http://www.agpq.ca/
http://www.addiroum.org/
The error occurs from time to time in the script that create the bar menu.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Okay, that's difficult to investigate.

Some users have noticed that when using recent versions of Firefox, they may get a mixed content warning in the address bar (gray exclamation triangle instead of a gray padlock) when using the Back button that did not appear for the page on first viewing, and that it vanishes when you reload the page. "Something" seems to be wrong with the cache (probably the fast back-forward cache) in those cases.

Perhaps some cache issue could explain the intermittent nature of this problem?
internetique

Post by internetique »

>>Perhaps some cache issue could explain the intermittent nature of this problem?

Yes, perhaps.
Anyway, the cache has always been buggy, even with Explorer and all other browser: they do not check the date correctly of the javascript file on the server.
I had to implement a workorund on the server to insert a date/time stamp in the name of the file to make sure that the last version is effectively read.