[Theme] Noia Fox

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mainlymot

Re: [Theme] Noia Fox

Post by mainlymot »

Hi David, I upgraded to FF 34 today and lost 6 of 8 toolbar buttons* on the Vertical Toolbar. I looked in Customize and the buttons were no longer there. Started FF in safe mode and buttons had returned to Customize. Disabled each add-on one by one but buttons never came back. Then switched to default theme and buttons reappeared. Hope it's an easy fix, love the theme, only one I have other than default.
Thanks, Tom

*Buttons were: Home, History, New Window, Private Browsing, Print and Full Screen.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

Hi mainlymot,
As you can see on the screenshot, I have all the buttons you listed with Vertical toolbar :

One suggestion : When I lose buttons after installing some add-ons, I select 'Restore defaults' in the customize page. After restart all my buttons are back. All I have to do then is to put them in their right place.
mainlymot

Post by mainlymot »

Hey David, I tried your suggestions. The toolbar buttons did reappear but when I went to drag them where I wanted them they would disappear when I released the mouse key. I would then have to start all over to make them reappear again only for them to go poof once more. Sorry to say, sticking with default theme for a while.
ener

Post by ener »

Merci David pour ta réponse,
Je vais tenter de m'expliquer, j'ai bien ces boutons mais c'est l'apparence qui diffère. ce serait plus simple si je savais comment capturer ma base d'outil ainsi que celle de Thunderbird (avec noia fox) car dans celui-ci le bouton "relever" a bien l'aspect que je veux.
C'était le cas dans Firefox avant la version 33. Je crois qu'il s'agit du bouton "get mail" (boite marron avec au dessus une enveloppe blanche) mais qui ressemblait à celui de Thunderbird: Enveloppe blanche incurvée avec du rouge au dessus et au dessous.
On retrouve également l'aspect de ce bouton dans la fenêtre "personnaliser" avec le texte "envoyer un lien".
Mais tout cela n'est qu'une question de look...
Cordialement
rms8

Post by rms8 »

Hi David !

Will there be any consideration to incorporate the ability to more fully customize the appearance of FF like Noia 4? I love the ability to change the color of the drop down menus to black. I could also change the color , highlight and type of font with in those drop downs. It all made it much easier to read and more able to ones liking.

I have left my main PC on FF32 since nothing newer supports Noia 4. Bummer.
mainlymot

Post by mainlymot »

Hello David, I have added the add-on Noia Buttons and can now use your theme, Noia Fox 3.0.7. If Noia Buttons is disabled, all the lost buttons disappear again.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

mainlymot wrote:Hello David, I have added the add-on Noia Buttons and can now use your theme, Noia Fox 3.0.7. If Noia Buttons is disabled, all the lost buttons disappear again.

I don't understand why you have this bug. I have tested on Windows, Mac & Linux : Vertical toolbar with Noia Fox works well for me on all three OS.
I have made a modification of the theme, based on Noia buttons add-ons. If you want to test it the file is available at the end of this reply.

ener wrote:Merci David pour ta réponse,
Je vais tenter de m'expliquer, j'ai bien ces boutons mais c'est l'apparence qui diffère. ce serait plus simple si je savais comment capturer ma base d'outil ainsi que celle de Thunderbird (avec noia fox) car dans celui-ci le bouton "relever" a bien l'aspect que je veux.
C'était le cas dans Firefox avant la version 33. Je crois qu'il s'agit du bouton "get mail" (boite marron avec au dessus une enveloppe blanche) mais qui ressemblait à celui de Thunderbird: Enveloppe blanche incurvée avec du rouge au dessus et au dessous.
On retrouve également l'aspect de ce bouton dans la fenêtre "personnaliser" avec le texte "envoyer un lien".
Mais tout cela n'est qu'une question de look...
Cordialement

Tu peux trouver une version d'essai à tester à la fin de cette réponse (Pour l'instant le serveur de Mozilla est en panne et je ne peux pas poster la nouvelle version sur la page des thèmes).

rms8 wrote:Hi David !

Will there be any consideration to incorporate the ability to more fully customize the appearance of FF like Noia 4? I love the ability to change the color of the drop down menus to black. I could also change the color , highlight and type of font with in those drop downs. It all made it much easier to read and more able to ones liking.

I have left my main PC on FF32 since nothing newer supports Noia 4. Bummer.

Actually I have not the time to add more options to Noia Fox Options. Noia 4 was a great theme with a lot of options but it was also a great work for his developer to keep it updated. You must know that Mozilla change a lot of code between 2 versions of Firefox and updating Noia Fox takes me a lot of time. Well, I don't think that I will add more customization to Noia Fox. Sorry

******* AMO Server bug *******

I cannot upload a new version to AMO page because there is a server bug. Well I give you a link to Mediafire for Noia Fox 3.0.8beta1 if you want to test it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9i36h ... 8beta1.xpi

Changes for 3.0.8 version :

- New Search UI for Firefox 34+ (this is a last minute change made by Mozilla only for US users).
- WebIDE updated.
- New window small icon updated.
- Vertical toolbar add-on : some icons updated.
- Toolbar buttons add-on : some icons updated.
ener

Post by ener »

Salut David,
J'ai installé la version béta et...CA MARCHE, j'ai retrouvé mon icone "read mail"
Merci
LoPhatPhuud

Post by LoPhatPhuud »

Thank you for the beta link. I have Win 8.1 and Firefox 34.05 (US) and the beta works flawlessly with one exception.

If I toggle browser.search.showOneOffButtons to disable the search button in the Options Panel, the General tab is blank. If I show the search button, the General tab is normal.

I created a new profile and the only addon installed was Noia Fox theme and the accomanying extension.

Addendum:
If select the blank General tab and restart Firefox, the settings appear. Wierd, but the theme is otherwise usable.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

ener wrote:Salut David,
J'ai installé la version béta et...CA MARCHE, j'ai retrouvé mon icone "read mail"
Merci

Super!!!

LoPhatPhuud wrote:Thank you for the beta link. I have Win 8.1 and Firefox 34.05 (US) and the beta works flawlessly with one exception.

If I toggle browser.search.showOneOffButtons to disable the search button in the Options Panel, the General tab is blank. If I show the search button, the General tab is normal.

I created a new profile and the only addon installed was Noia Fox theme and the accomanying extension.

Addendum:
If select the blank General tab and restart Firefox, the settings appear. Wierd, but the theme is otherwise usable.

Hello LoPhatPhuud,
I have installed FF 34.0.5 (US) (fresh install) to test your problem : I have no bug with browser.search.showOneOffButtons disabled and the General tab in the Options Panel :

LoPhatPhuud

Post by LoPhatPhuud »

It's working without error now. It must have been a transitory issue. I'll reset the Firefox preferences for that profile and see if the issue shows up again.

So far everything is fine on two computers (Win 7, Win 8.1).
mainlymot

Post by mainlymot »

Hi again David, I installed another theme, Nuvola 1.32.1, and FF is working great, as it did with the default theme. No buttons disappear when dragged and released at the toolbar. I didn't have to change my profile, as someone suggested. I am thinking one of my add-ons is not getting along with Noia Fox 3.0.7 and FF 34 in combination. I did try Noia Fox 3.0.8 and the buttons still disappeared.

P.S. If I could figure out how to attach a screen shot of my add-ons, I would, if that would help.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

Hello mainlymot, this page can help you :
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
mainlymot

Post by mainlymot »

Here they are, hope this works/helps.

https://flic.kr/p/qkT3Q3

https://flic.kr/p/q4o6rL
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

mainlymot wrote:Here they are, hope this works/helps.

https://flic.kr/p/qkT3Q3

https://flic.kr/p/q4o6rL

It's seems that none of the addons you have installed causes bug for me. I don't understand where the problem is : Noia Fox with Vertical Toolbar still works very well for me. It's a mystery....