[ext] Luddite UI - closed for business.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
patrickjdempsey

Re: [ext] Luddite UI - now looking for testers.

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Luddite UI users: I have no idea why Luddite UI has been disabled for Firefox 27. I received the following email a few days ago:

Mozilla Add-ons
Jan 31 at 7:04 PM
Dear add-on author,

Good news! Our automated tests did not detect any compatibility issues with your add-on Luddite UI and Firefox 27.*. We've updated your add-on's compatibility to work with Firefox 27.* so that your add-on qualifies for future compatibility checks.

So the problem isn't with me or Luddite UI, the problem is with AMO somewhere. I'm no longer maintaining this addon anyway, nor am I using Firefox as my primary browser anymore, but I just wanted to let you all know that whatever is happening, it's not my fault, but I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Luddite UI users: I have no idea why Luddite UI has been disabled for Firefox 27. I received the following email a few days ago:

Mozilla Add-ons
Jan 31 at 7:04 PM
Dear add-on author,

Good news! Our automated tests did not detect any compatibility issues with your add-on Luddite UI and Firefox 27.*. We've updated your add-on's compatibility to work with Firefox 27.* so that your add-on qualifies for future compatibility checks.

So the problem isn't with me or Luddite UI, the problem is with AMO somewhere. I'm no longer maintaining this addon anyway, nor am I using Firefox as my primary browser anymore, but I just wanted to let you all know that whatever is happening, it's not my fault, but I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

From the listing on AMO:

This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following:

Add-on has opted into strict compatibility checking.

Works with Firefox 10.0a1 - 26.0
patrickjdempsey

Strange that AMO has been updating it for automatically for a year then. ;) Not that it matters. This project is dead and will almost certainly be completely broken by Australis.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
patrickjdempsey

Just checked the statistics on AMO and there's about 80 people apparently still using Luddite UI out there. There are also still people downloading Luddite UI at a rate of at least one a week. Since Luddite UI almost certainly does not work with any version of Firefox after 28, I am removing Luddite UI from AMO to prevent further downloads. Should anyone wish to fork this project and make it compatible with modern versions I will gladly provide a zip.