Permanently Disabling Updates for an Extension/Add-on?

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Splat-NJ

Permanently Disabling Updates for an Extension/Add-on?

Post by Splat-NJ »

I used to be able to do this many Firefox versions ago. For some reason my few extensions and/or themes I had disabled updating for using the ".update.enabled" set to False no longer works. I check for Add-on updates and my Add-ons that I had updating disabled for FF now checks for updates on again. Is there another way that this needs to be done now? Thanks.
Splat
rsx11m

Re: Permanently Disabling Updates for an Extension/Add-on?

Post by rsx11m »

Are you talking about Firefox or PaleMoon, as indicated by your user-agent string?
If Firefox, which version?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

I have the Version: 25.2.1 (Atom/WinXP) of PaleMoon installed, so I'll help you. But overall, PaleMoon users really should use PaleMoon Support to help that program get their support forum up to speed - to help assure the long term success of that operation.

Open the Add-ons tab > Extensions. Then open the More ... for each extension you have installed (for extensions that have that "More..." hyperlink) and you'll see "Automatic Updates" with three selections available - Default - On - Off. "On" should give you a message when an "Update is Available" at the bottom of the "sidetabs", where "Off" requires the user to use "Check for Updates". Neither automatically installs the update, you can do All or Some at will.

You'll need to click the "Gear" at the top of the AOM > Extensions panel and un-select "Update Add-ons Automatically" so that your preferences are honored.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Splat-NJ

Post by Splat-NJ »

Wow, well I must be getting forgetful in my middle age! LOL! Yes, I had forgot I'm using Palemoon. Thank you, Ed-meister.
Splat
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Moving to 3rd-party builds then, please file future issues there (or go to the PaleMoon forum directly).