(2.31 and later) Shockwave for Director glitchy

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
barbaz

(2.31 and later) Shockwave for Director glitchy

Post by barbaz »

Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion"

I've noticed that in SeaMonkey 2.32, the Shockwave for Director plugin gets really glitchy when a keyboard key is pressed.
Shockwave for Director didn't have this issue under SeaMonkey "2.28.4-unofficial" or 2.29.1 official release with exactly the same profile and everything as I've got now, so I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

Tried disabling hardware acceleration in SeaMonkey, and made no difference.

A little reckless messing with my SeaMonkey install showed that this issue first appeared in version 2.31, and it's not fixed (yet?) in 2.33 beta tinderbox build. ** EDIT I tried testing current Aurora (build 20150203013001) as well, but there Shockwave for Director just ignored keyboard input then crashed. **
(Coincidentally, the issue I get with the Error Console pixellating on scroll also first showed up in SeaMonkey 2.31 release. Related?)

I've had similar issues in the past with Shockwave for Director under Firefox, and the solution there was updating Firefox (sometimes waiting for an entire release cycle for an update) and downgrading Flash player to latest 11.2. I've since updated my flash player to version 15.0.0.239, and since it didn't negatively affect Shockwave for Director performance at the time, I don't want to downgrade back to Flash 11.2, nor do I want to experiment with trying other Flash versions, as this is the first time I have since had this issue and I don't want to introduce other possible causes.

Took a quick look through bugs fixed in Firefox 34 and SeaMonkey 2.31 for anything related, and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=586656 was the only bug that stood out to me; however, I'm not sure I'd necessarily know what to look for (or if I even understood the one bug that did stand out to me).

Any ideas what SeaMonkey/Gecko change is causing this and when this will be fixed?

(and before you say it, yes, I know I don't have the latest version of Flash. I can [be crazy and] put my computer's safety entirely in the hands of NoScript and my common sense if I want to :mrgreen: )
TPR75

Re: (2.31 and later) Shockwave for Director glitchy

Post by TPR75 »

Adobe Shockwave Player (aka Shockwave for Director):
http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/
Do you have latest version (12.1.6.156) for OSX (64-bit)?
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/sh ... _64bit.dmg
--
barbaz

Re: (2.31 and later) Shockwave for Director glitchy

Post by barbaz »

No I didn't, because the latest Shockwave for Director had an issue under SeaMonkey 2.28esr where looping sound had a pause between loops.
Gave it another try, this time under SeaMonkey 2.32, and that bug is not present - and neither is the one I reported about in this thread!

Thank you TPR75, problem solved. :D