Light, a light firefox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
cstkingkey

Re: Light, a light firefox

Post by cstkingkey »

gyves wrote:Since the breaking of NoScript, and the subsequent requirement to use the modified addon, this fork has taken a bit of a dive. The modified addon causes slowness on every page I load. On top of that, blocked objects can no longer be clicked to be enabled, instead clicking them sends you to the address of the embed. Disabling the modified NoScript returns me to the otherwise smooth functionality but of course I'm lacking the protections.

Please fix this. I've been using Light for awhile now and would like to continue doing so.

noscript require old cache backend and inspector. I will keep inspector, since noscript won't start without it . but I have removed old cache backend for a long time. And noscirpt use a lot of deprecated js functions, which result a lot of warnings.
AnimaliX

Post by AnimaliX »

hello, i am new with FFLite so please excuse if i mention something generally known... but
if i skip Firebug ofcourse, then SearchPreview 8.2 is another extension which not working with FFLite (empty preview windows) :(
Lucido

Post by Lucido »

Hi and thank you for this alternative :)
I was so angry when I saw the last update was only a gimmic called "firefox hello", I never wanted and don't understand why this isn't a simple customizable addon I could ignore.

So I would like to know if or how I could import all my tabs, bookmarks etc. in light? Is there a instruction or even a tool like mozbackup?
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

Lucido wrote:Hi and thank you for this alternative :)
I was so angry when I saw the last update was only a gimmic called "firefox hello", I never wanted and don't understand why this isn't a simple customizable addon I could ignore.

So I would like to know if or how I could import all my tabs, bookmarks etc. in light? Is there a instruction or even a tool like mozbackup?

Just copy firefox's profiles to light
greyowl2

Post by greyowl2 »

Where do I find addons modified for Light?
eriktheitalian

Post by eriktheitalian »

I'm user of raspberry pi2.

Firefox best have best sunspider score on pi2. But fox little heavy for system resources. Light firefox sources/builds best for this type boards.

If some one release lightweight edition of firefox & possible hw acceleration for raspberry pi 2 every rpi2 customer use it.

Adapter Description VMware, Inc. -- Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.6, 128 bits)
Device ID Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.6, 128 bits)
Driver Version 3.0 Mesa 10.5.2
GPU Accelerated Windows 0/1 Basic
Vendor ID VMware, Inc.
WebGL Renderer VMware, Inc. -- Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.6, 128 bits)

This my part of about:support report. We need better of this. If some one make this firefox build for rpi2 every customer use it.
remzkee0903

Post by remzkee0903 »

It's truly fast & very lightweight compared to the original Mozilla Firefox. Thanks for keeping this superb firefox light updated as always. :D

BTW.. How can I permanently disable this pop-up prompt from showing up under about:config?
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

remzkee0903 wrote:It's truly fast & very lightweight compared to the original Mozilla Firefox. Thanks for keeping this superb firefox light updated as always. :D

BTW.. How can I permanently disable this pop-up prompt from showing up under about:config?

As it said, "ignore permanently".
remzkee0903

Post by remzkee0903 »

cstkingkey wrote:
remzkee0903 wrote:It's truly fast & very lightweight compared to the original Mozilla Firefox. Thanks for keeping this superb firefox light updated as always. :D

As it said, "ignore permanently".

Yes.. I've already done that before posting it here. What I mean to say.. is there any option to disable the pop-up prompt under about:config? Because it's showing constantly in different extensions. [-o<

P.S. Thanks for fast reply.
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

remzkee0903 wrote:Yes.. I've already done that before posting it here. What I mean to say.. is there any option to disable the pop-up prompt under about:config? Because it's showing constantly in different extensions. [-o<

P.S. Thanks for fast reply.

increase the value of browser.addon-watch.percentage-limit or browser.addon-watch.interval
remzkee0903

Post by remzkee0903 »

Finally it fixed the annoying pop-up notification prompt.

Thanks for all the response.. I truly appreciate your time and effort. :)
remzkee0903

Post by remzkee0903 »

Mozilla Firefox v37.0.2 is available. Pls kindly update your superb light version. TIA.. :D

BTW.. the annoying pop-up notification prompt still shows. But when I tried Mozilla Firefox v37.0.1 Stable (ofc version) the notification prompt is not showing anymore.
When I search about this problem, I saw that this kind of issue only triggers on every beta versions of Mozilla.

Here's the link that I'm talkin' about:
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/02/18/firefo ... e-browser/

My question is.. does your latest version of light v37.0 is a beta version?
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

remzkee0903 wrote:Mozilla Firefox v37.0.2 is available. Pls kindly update your superb light version. TIA.. :D

BTW.. the annoying pop-up notification prompt still shows. But when I tried Mozilla Firefox v37.0.1 Stable (ofc version) the notification prompt is not showing anymore.
When I search about this problem, I saw that this kind of issue only triggers on every beta versions of Mozilla.

Here's the link that I'm talkin' about:
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/02/18/firefo ... e-browser/

My question is.. does your latest version of light v37.0 is a beta version?

Actually it's based on nightly.
MuffinMan123

Post by MuffinMan123 »

EDIT: NVM
tukusejssirs

Post by tukusejssirs »

I have just read about the Light (for I search the Web how to make ff lighter). I have not read all the 10+ pages of this forum, so maybe this could have been answered. But could you tell me, how did you build the Light? I mean what options did you include? I would like to build mine (I need to be able print, e.g.). Btw, I am a Linux user (if you have different options for different OS's). Thank you in advance.