[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Cobold

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI) #2

Post by Cobold »

Hi Aris,

since some nightly-builds, the "loading animation" is somehow placed behind the site's favicon instead of replacing it.
This happens with Firefox's default loading animation as well as the alternate one from CTR...

I would like it much better if the loading animation would replace the fav-icon as long as the site is not completely loaded. Could this be done somehow?

EDIT:
Another question:
Is it possible to change the "pinned tabs width"? In the nightly builds the pinnded tabs are wider than in Firefox final or beta....

Regards,
Cobold :D
“Sure, the Germans have made a few mistakes, but that’s why pencils have erasers!” - Homer J. Simpson
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Cobold

loading animation
For me the default loading animation and the alternative one provided by CTR are displayed correctly using latest Nightly. Could you run tests on a new profile?

pinned tabs
I don't know why Fx devs have added this code, but a padding value of "3px" creates the gap you currently see on Nightly.
Use this code in Stylish to remove it:

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
.tab-content[pinned] {
  -moz-padding-end: 0px !important;
}

If this is not just a temporal issue on Nightly, I will add the above 'fix' to CTR once it affects other channels too.
Cobold

Post by Cobold »

Thanks Aris! I figured out, that the fav-icon/loading animation problem is caused by Tab Mix Plus (at least with the latest development-release, I'll try the official release later).
With TMP disabled, I the loading animation is just fine!
EDIT: even with the release-version of TMP (0.4.1.6) the loading-animation is hidden by the fav-icon. :(

And thanks for the code, too :)
“Sure, the Germans have made a few mistakes, but that’s why pencils have erasers!” - Homer J. Simpson
Lapine

Post by Lapine »

Thank you for Organize Status Bar (Revived) . I still cannot break the icons apart as expected, but at least I can re-arrange them.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

@Aris,

after some research I was able to set rgba for tabs V2, problem was on my old stylish code, was in interaction with CTR, so after cleaning up code everything works fine, also Your code, I can set tabs radius via Stylish, finally nice tabs without radius :D
Cheers and thank You :)
marleb

Post by marleb »

Aris wrote:Did this code do nothing?

toolbar {
  background: -moz-Dialog !important;
}

It should affect all toolbars including navigation toolbar and menu toolbar.

Btw. navigation toolbars id is "#nav-bar", but you can also try "#navigator-toolbox" to change css for all toolbars inside the top area (in your case) .

Hi Aris,

just wanted to thank you! This code was in the end enough to solve my problem!

#navigator-toolbox {
  background: -moz-Dialog !important;
}
marleb

Post by marleb »

Two last questions, as I don't know whether it is a Classic Theme Restorer/Windows 8/Stylish issue.

When a tab is selected, the color changes, it is clearer. On my windows 7 machine, the rest of the toolbar which has the address bar inside it also is the same color. On windows 8 it is not the case. Any way I can change that, so that the color of that toolbar is the same as the one of the selected tab?

And my right-click context menu has the first four options shifted to the right.. I believe it's the one that were converted to icons, and I reverted it to the label in Classic Theme Restorer. Any idea why?

Aris

Post by Aris »

Both issues are the result of your hacked Windows Classic theme for Windows 8. CTR can not modify the ui properly in this case.

Try this code to modify navigation toolbar color

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window * #navigator-toolbox #nav-bar {
  background-image: linear-gradient(#e5e2db,#d3d0c9) !important;
}

and adjust this codes 18px value to fix the context menu:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/ 
 #context-navigation{
   -moz-appearance:none !important;
   background:unset !important;
  }

#context-sep-navigation {
   display:none !important;
  }

#ctraddon_connavsep {
    visibility:visible !important;
  }

#context-back image,
   #context-forward image,
   #context-reload image,
   #context-stop image,
   #context-bookmarkpage image{
     display:none !important;
   }
   #context-back:before,
   #context-forward:before,
   #context-reload:before,
   #context-stop:before,
   #context-bookmarkpage:before{
     content: attr(aria-label) !important;
   }
   #context-navigation{
     -moz-box-orient: vertical !important;
   }
   #context-navigation > .menuitem-iconic {
     -moz-box-pack: start !important;
   }

#context-back:before,
   #context-forward:before,
   #context-reload:before,
   #context-stop:before,
   #context-bookmarkpage:before{
     -moz-margin-start: 18px !important;
   }

#context-navigation{
     margin-bottom:-4px !important;
   }
tiansh

Post by tiansh »

Please implement Alt-D ...

Alt-D make browser focus on the address bar. But if address bar has been hidden, in the old version of Firefox, it will popup a window with an input and ok/cancel buttons for user to input address. I hope it will be implemented in some version. thanks.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned since I did not look through so many posts. sorry if duplicated.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I can't override "Alt-D", so a this feature requires a different key combination. Anything (not already used) with ALT, SHIFT or ACCEL(=Control/Command) + "any key" can be added for this feature.
Any suggestions?

Restoring the old 'popup'/window would require more code and would be less stable compared to adding a new box/overlay above the actual web content for example.

So far this happens on my test build:
- on Fx startup the new "bar" is always hidden
- hitting Ctrl + * opens a new "bar" above web content and focuses the input box
- the new urlbar uses default urlbars history dropdown
- pressing ENTER key or hitting "Open" button opens current url in a new tab and hides the new "bar"

(Ctrl + * will be changed once I know which key combination is the best for this feature [ALT+D does not work!]).

EDIT
I'm going to use ALT+W for this feature, because this key combination is not yet used by Firefox and Ws & Ds positions on keyboard are close.

EDIT 2
Managed to use ALT + D for that feature in 1.2.9.5+. The corresponding option has to be enabled for that.
Last edited by Aris on February 14th, 2015, 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cobold

Post by Cobold »

Cobold wrote:Thanks Aris! I figured out, that the fav-icon/loading animation problem is caused by Tab Mix Plus (at least with the latest development-release, I'll try the official release later).
With TMP disabled, I the loading animation is just fine!
EDIT: even with the release-version of TMP (0.4.1.6) the loading-animation is hidden by the fav-icon. :(

And thanks for the code, too :)

Fixed with Tab Mix Plus - Version 0.4.1.7pre.150212a1, so as you said, no CTR-problem :D
Aris

Post by Aris »

Good to know, thanks.
tiansh

Post by tiansh »

Aris wrote:I can't override "Alt-D", so a this feature requires a different key combination. Anything (not already used) with ALT, SHIFT or ACCEL(=Control/Command) + "any key" can be added for this feature.
Any suggestions?

Restoring the old 'popup'/window would require more code and would be less stable compared to adding a new box/overlay above the actual web content for example.

So far this happens on my test build:
- on Fx startup the new "bar" is always hidden
- hitting Ctrl + * opens a new "bar" above web content and focuses the input box
- the new urlbar uses default urlbars history dropdown
- pressing ENTER key or hitting "Open" button opens current url in a new tab and hides the new "bar"

(Ctrl + * will be changed once I know which key combination is the best for this feature [ALT+D does not work!]).

What about do it like this:

1. add a feature something like "hide address input"
2. once user hide address input, just move it to a new bar and hide it somewhere, BUT keeps Alt-D may focus on address input
3. when address input was focused, show the bar there, otherwise hide it
4. blur when user hit "Return" or "OK button" or something like that

It seems that this solution can be applied without overload behavior of Alt-D.

I'm not sure if it's a bad idea and if there are more problems here.
Aris

Post by Aris »

1.-2. Automatically moving default address bar will cause many issues because of its other content (back/forward buttons, identity box, stop/reload/go buttons, CTRs star and feed buttons, other add-ons that move things there etc.) and most likely it won't work or break the ui.

3. A hidden ui element or item can not get focused.

I can only offer is a new way of using a basic clone of the address bar in addition. How or where you hide the default address bar is up to you.

My suggestion even works without any visible toolbar:

Actually I don't see any big issue here. Nobody would use the current address bar and the "new" one simultaneously, so forgetting ALT+D and moving on to something different (like Ctrl + *) should not be a big deal. CTR offers additional back, forward, stop and reload buttons, so you would not lose much after hiding default address bar.

Post one screenshot of your current configuration and one of how it would look, if you hide/remove the default address bar.

EDIT
I'm going to use ALT+W for this feature, because this key combination is not yet used by Firefox and Ws & Ds positions on keyboard are close.

EDIT 2
Managed to use ALT + D for that feature in 1.2.9.5+. The corresponding option has to be enabled for that.
Last edited by Aris on February 14th, 2015, 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SydneySedai

Post by SydneySedai »

Updated, and at some point you added a css line that modified something that I modified on my own with usercss.
Normally this is fine, I'll just set !important on my thing and call it a day, but you've set !important on literally everything, and since it all loads as chrome, it overwrites my own css even though it has more specificity.

Why oh why are you abusing !important so badly? Had to pop open the xpi and fix that stuff manually, wasn't fun.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on February 13th, 2015, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Slight change/s to the terminology.