The Official Win32 20150216 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Josa

The Official Win32 20150216 builds are out

Post by Josa »

Previous Nightly Builds thread 20150215 | Nightly Build thread RSS feed (courtesy DaCypher)

The Official Win32 20150216 NIGHTLY builds is out
The Official Win32 20150216 AURORA build is out
.The Official Firefox 36 BETA 10 builds are not yet out

Previous NIGHTLY: 20150215 (Fx38.0a1)
Previous AURORA: 20150215 (Fx37.0a2)
Previous BETA: 20150213 (Fx36.0b9)

Hourly NIGHTLY builds: mozilla-central-linux | mozilla-central-macosx | mozilla-central-win32 | Firefox Tinderbox | NIGHTLY Changelog
AURORA Tinderbox | AURORA changelog

Fixed:
    NIGHTLY +0
    None

Partial Landings/Diagnostic Patches:
    None

AURORA +0
    None

BETA +0
    None

Nightly 38.0 fixes since 20141128 (Gecko 37) ~1660
Aurora 37.0 fixes since 20141014 (Gecko 36) ~1896
Beta 36.0 fixes since 20140903 (Gecko 35): ~2748

Release tracking Firefox 36-38 see HERE
Last edited by Josa on February 16th, 2015, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
itisomegakai

Re: The Official Win32 20150215 builds are not yet out

Post by itisomegakai »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:@ itisomegakai - If website is using IndexedDB, no wonder why it can be broken if you disable it, as Bug 1079355 - Make 'dom.indexeddb.enabled' pref only affect content affecting now only content, not addons.

@ avada - I rarely use zoom mode, so I don't find and experienced this issue yet,
report it on Bugzilla, if you have clear STR and it's reproducible often

FYI - Nightly x86 is out
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/e0cb32a0b1aa

Thanks that's the bug i was asking for.
tranle

Re: The Official Win32 20150216 builds are not yet out

Post by tranle »

Hi, I am using the nightly build and did mozilla removed from firefox SSL/TLS with RC4 ?

This one works fine:
https://www.hostmonster.com

This one does not connect:
https://host138.hostmonster.com

on host138 there is only RC4 and CAMELLIA as encryption algorithm.

Thanks.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

@ tranle - report a bug on Bugzilla and block Bug 1126620 - (TLS-Intolerance) [META] TLS 1.1/1.2 version intolerant sites
RC4 cipher algorithm is weak and shouldn't be used anymore, that's why it's blocked in Firefox
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

https://host138.hostmonster.com is a sub domain of http://www.hostmonster.com. Accessing a sub domain directly is Not supported unless the sub domain has its own cert or the cert for the domain includes a "wildcard" that also includes All sub domains. The websites owner needs to fix if they want to allow users to enter a back door to the site.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
tranle

Post by tranle »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:@ tranle - report a bug on Bugzilla and block Bug 1126620 - (TLS-Intolerance) [META] TLS 1.1/1.2 version intolerant sites
RC4 cipher algorithm is weak and shouldn't be used anymore, that's why it's blocked in Firefox

Thanks, I will let my ISP know that they should upgrade their TLS encryption.
Is there a way to manually proceed or whitelist like for self sign certificates ?
6lobe

Post by 6lobe »

JayhawksRock wrote:https://host138.hostmonster.com is a sub domain of http://www.hostmonster.com. Accessing a sub domain directly is Not supported unless the sub domain has its own cert or the cert for the domain includes a "wildcard" that also includes All sub domains. The websites owner needs to fix if they want to allow users to enter a back door to the site.

Ehh. What? Its TLS intolerance, not a certificate error. Virtual_ManPL is correct.

tranle wrote:
Virtual_ManPL wrote:@ tranle - report a bug on Bugzilla and block Bug 1126620 - (TLS-Intolerance) [META] TLS 1.1/1.2 version intolerant sites

Thanks, I will let my ISP know that they should upgrade their TLS encryption.
Is there a way to manually proceed or whitelist like for self sign certificates ?
Report a bug like Virtual_ManPL said.
tranle

Post by tranle »

6lobe wrote:...Report a bug like Virtual_ManPL said.

Thanks, but I will try first to request my ISP to fix their server, before requesting firefox to include in their built-in whitelist.
avada

Re: The Official Win32 20150215 builds are not yet out

Post by avada »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:@ itisomegakai - If website is using IndexedDB, no wonder why it can be broken if you disable it, as Bug 1079355 - Make 'dom.indexeddb.enabled' pref only affect content affecting now only content, not addons.

@ avada - I rarely use zoom mode, so I don't find and experienced this issue yet,
report it on Bugzilla, if you have clear STR and it's reproducible often

FYI - Nightly x86 is out
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/e0cb32a0b1aa

Well apparently I can't reproduce it with an empty profile.

Nor can I reproduce the other one. So frustrating.
Sabardeyn

Post by Sabardeyn »

Avada,
I use Image Zoom and Zoom Page addons constantly (this site is 150% text and images), not the built-in feature, and have not experienced any problems. However I don't often use forms or sites with textfields other than a few forums, so I might have missed the issue.

The only thing I have noted is that recently (~week) my per site magnification settings seem to have been reset. I assumed an addon, or FF update, mucked things up. After re-entering the values per site, the settings have been retained and things have worked normally.

While I use Nightly, I usually do not update it every day. For the last week or two I've been updating it around every 24-60 hrs, which is more frequent than normal.
Sabardeyn
Online infrequently, responses made accordingly.
bjherbison

Post by bjherbison »

Sabardeyn wrote:I use Image Zoom and Zoom Page addons constantly ...

The only thing I have noted is that recently (~week) my per site magnification settings seem to have been reset.

Interesting. I also use Image Zoom, but I didn't see any reset recently.

(There was a time about a year ago when Image Zoom stopped working, and then started working again a few days later with all settings preserved.)
avada

Post by avada »

Sabardeyn wrote:Avada,
I use Image Zoom and Zoom Page addons constantly (this site is 150% text and images), not the built-in feature, and have not experienced any problems. However I don't often use forms or sites with textfields other than a few forums, so I might have missed the issue.

The only thing I have noted is that recently (~week) my per site magnification settings seem to have been reset. I assumed an addon, or FF update, mucked things up. After re-entering the values per site, the settings have been retained and things have worked normally.

While I use Nightly, I usually do not update it every day. For the last week or two I've been updating it around every 24-60 hrs, which is more frequent than normal.

Well, waiting for whichever addon causing the break to get fixed remains then.
avada

Post by avada »

I determined that the cause for the hung image downloads is Mozilla Archive Format (3.0.3).

But the disappearing page elements thing happened even when I disabled all addons.
Example url: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... ction=edit
The textbox disppears when scrolling with the mousewheel, but curiously not if you use autoscroll or any hotkeys to scroll (arrows, page up/down, home/end).
Of course you need to be zoomed. I can't imagine it not being a firefox bug. But still, I can't reproduce with a new profile. Or in safe mode.

(I also have e10s off)
avada

Post by avada »

Okay so it's apparently an OMTC bug, because after disabling it, it didn't happen. But can anyone reproduce it the way I described above?

I wonder what other requirements are necessary...
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

@ avada - no success here to reproduce it.
Are you sure that you're not have enabled any test preferences in about:config?
Look mainly for non default values starting with: apz.*, dom.ipc.*, layers.*, layout.*, gfx.*, plugin.*.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.