Help with your MozillaZine account

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
LoudNoise

Help with your MozillaZine account

Post by LoudNoise »

Note (7-18-15):
Locking and desticky

Please use this thread to report problems: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1815975

If you are having trouble with your MozillaZine account please post here. There is no need register a new account, you can post as guest in this section of the forum.

Please provide the following information to help us:
1) Your user name
2) Your email address in the form of username AT yourIP DOT com (net or whatever)

Notes for new users:
If this is a new account, the forum software will send you an email with a link that you need to click on to activate your account. If you didn't get this email check your spam filter.

Your first post must be approved by a moderator. This can take anywhere from seconds to a few hours since it depends on a mod being online. When the post is approved you will get an email. After this you can post without approval.

Other users:
If you get a message that your IP has a ban, do a search for anything. This should clear up the problem. If you are still having problems just post here as guest.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
GINOVINO1

Re: Help with your MozillaZine account

Post by GINOVINO1 »

Mr. Loudnoise, This episode of trying get my User name, Email address and password fixed has become beyond vexing. I realize you sent a pm with instructions to remedy my plight, I thought i followed your instructions properly..... though it now appears I did not....

If this may help, here is a litany of of info of names I use / used here and elsewhere:

Email: xxxxx@comcast.net
User names: Ginovino, Ginovino1

p/w:

i hope this information is enough to get me straightened away.

Respectfully,

Gene Perciavalle
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Check the PM in the account we have been using.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
wizardgmb1

Post by wizardgmb1 »

I tried to login this morning with my original "wizardgmb" username and was told I needed to create a new password due to migration to a new board system (or something to that effect). I couldn't do that because the email address I thought was associated with this board and several other I tried, returned a message stating that they didn't match the username.

Is there a way to get my original wizardgmb account working again? The original account should be using the same email address as the new one I'm writing on or the same domain preceded by: wizardgmb, forums or gbean. There is an outside chance that I used a Yahoo email address.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Try your wizardgmb acccount again using the password I gave you.
Post wrangler
ginovino1

Post by ginovino1 »

Mr. Loudnoise, I understand your dance card is full and my presence may be just an annoyance, however.... I am no further along getting a User name and pass word issue resolved
which are acceptable to this gremlins (George) on your servers. I have expended enormous efforts digging up OLD passwords, user names ETC.....I have used the same e-mail address for over 6 yrs.....I understand your reticence for "PM" and I respect that. I.E. do for "one" you have to do for "all".......

Please provide me a vehicle by which i may clear your servers of all of my prior "nom de Plumes" and get my long time EBAY, PAYPAL, Gmail, You tube, Comcast, Verizon, Gmail,Amazon, Facebook,AudioKarma, Google and various Financial institutions where my primary Sign-on is the same.

My sense leads me to believe that is a programming tool which could wipe out this history and once again allow me entrance as a newbie ( using my old name). What say you???
[-o< [-o< [-o<
Roundsquare

Post by Roundsquare »

Since l didn't see the message about not making a new account, so had already created a new account. I had to do so after attempting to login with two saved email addresses and passwords......I coudn't even post in this forum using any three of them. This is ridiculous!!
Roundsquare

Post by Roundsquare »

emails: are a gmail & hotmail account
Siliconmana/Simana
Roundsquare

Post by Roundsquare »

Roundsquare wrote:emails: are a gmail & hotmail account
Siliconmana/Simana

I am also not posting my login details aka my email & user name on an open forum.
And reading the above post about not being able to PM a mod for assistance? I cannot understand such a backward system for resolving the issue. Please provide an email address to send details, not an open forum. My god.

Post by Guest »

Your username will be posted to the forum every time you post something to the forum.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

ginovino1 wrote:Mr. Loudnoise, I understand your dance card is full and my presence may be just an annoyance, however.... I am no further along getting a User name and pass word issue resolved
which are acceptable to this gremlins (George) on your servers. I have expended enormous efforts digging up OLD passwords, user names ETC.....I have used the same e-mail address for over 6 yrs.....I understand your reticence for "PM" and I respect that. I.E. do for "one" you have to do for "all".......

Please provide me a vehicle by which i may clear your servers of all of my prior "nom de Plumes" and get my long time EBAY, PAYPAL, Gmail, You tube, Comcast, Verizon, Gmail,Amazon, Facebook,AudioKarma, Google and various Financial institutions where my primary Sign-on is the same.

My sense leads me to believe that is a programming tool which could wipe out this history and once again allow me entrance as a newbie ( using my old name). What say you???
[-o< [-o< [-o<

Miscommunication here. Since we started this in PM I was happy to continue that way. I was suggesting that you post future problems here.

That said, the first issue we need to solve is getting your original account back, then I can remove the other ones. Can you log on using your original account with the password I sent you and then take a screen shot of the page that you get when you try this? Here is how to post a screen shot here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
Post wrangler
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Roundsquare wrote:
Roundsquare wrote:emails: are a gmail & hotmail account
Siliconmana/Simana

I am also not posting my login details aka my email & user name on an open forum.
And reading the above post about not being able to PM a mod for assistance? I cannot understand such a backward system for resolving the issue. Please provide an email address to send details, not an open forum. My god.

Had you bothered to read the first post we ask that you post your email address in the form of username AT yourserver DOT com. Notice that capital letters. It will also be removed once it is seen by a mod.

We have Siliconmana with no posts who registered in 2006. The email is siliconmana.xxx. Is this you?

Per your post Roundsquare: A couple of things need to be made clear to you slick. Everyone here is a volunteer, this includes our admin who is paying for this site. Demands and insults are usually met with a studied indifference. Should you have problems with this feel free to post at support.mozilla.org.
Post wrangler
wizardgmb

Post by wizardgmb »

LoudNoise wrote:Try your wizardgmb acccount again using the password I gave you.

The problem turned out to be my not realizing how long ago I originally registered with an email account that has long since fallen by the wayside. All information is now current and the password changed. Thank you very much for your assistance!
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

No problem. It was a fun WTF issue :) Thanks for getting back to us/
Post wrangler
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

ginovino1. Wizardgmb isn't you?
Post wrangler