[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Oma1942

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by Oma1942 »

xadiCanione wrote:
Oma1942 wrote:Quite some time ago I installed your extension in Firefox but removed it after finding out that I could not download files, vids etc. to my desktop = my favorite place. Or perhaps didn't set up it properly?

Bummer as I used to use Download Statusbar 0.9.10 but this extension is no longer being maintained for a long time. This one would allow me to download to the desktop.

Although very late .... May I ask you the developer if you can do something for me? I would really, really appreciate it!

Hello Oma1942,

Thank you so much for your review.

Sure, what is the feature you are requesting please?

Cheers
Thanks for getting back to me.

The possibility to save the downloads to my desktop instead of a download folder.

Is there a chance that I overlooked above request in the existing extension?
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Oma1942 wrote:
xadiCanione wrote:
Oma1942 wrote:Quite some time ago I installed your extension in Firefox but removed it after finding out that I could not download files, vids etc. to my desktop = my favorite place. Or perhaps didn't set up it properly?

Bummer as I used to use Download Statusbar 0.9.10 but this extension is no longer being maintained for a long time. This one would allow me to download to the desktop.

Although very late .... May I ask you the developer if you can do something for me? I would really, really appreciate it!

Hello Oma1942,

Sure, what is the feature you are requesting please?

Cheers
Thanks for getting back to me.

The possibility to save the downloads to my desktop instead of a download folder.

Is there a chance that I overlooked above request in the existing extension?

Hi Oma1942,

You can change the download directory by Firefox settings.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/st ... _downloads

Cheers
Oma1942

Post by Oma1942 »

Thanks for responding.
Save files to:
If selected, Firefox will automatically save all downloads to the specified folder (such as the desktop or your downloads folder). To change which folder is used, click Browse…Choose….
I selected the above YEARS ago (to the desktop). However, when I tried your extension, the downloads were downloaded in the downloads folder, NOT on the desktop.
Oma1942

Post by Oma1942 »

Sorry! I installed your download status bar and got it to work fine this time. Thanks so much! :) Have no clue as to why it works now and not before because I didn't change anything.
bradsmithsite

Post by bradsmithsite »

Hello. Excellent addon!

Please can you make clearing downloads ALSO remove them from the Library | Downloads!

8-[
Hal1900

Post by Hal1900 »

xadiCanione wrote:
Hal1900 wrote:xadiCanione, would you mind posting here when you have added the toggle icon? I keep looking for it after each update so that I can test it, but it's time-consuming to do if it has not actually been implemented. Many thanks!

Hi Hal1900,

Do you mean the Toggle option from Firefox Menu / Tools / Download Status Bar / Toggle Download Bar or? You can also use CTRL + ALT + D short-cut for Windows and SHILF+ALT+D for Mac.

Cheers

Hi xadiCanione - I'm very sorry for the delay. I only just saw your question.

Yes, I mean an icon to use instead of CTRL+ALT+D, because sometimes I am using only the mouse, and am too far away to reach the keyboard.
Le_Sage

Post by Le_Sage »

Hi,
Thank for the good job with this addon.

But I search a download addon to show me the total speed of all currents downloads, is it possible with your addon?
i want the same with the total remaining time (remaining time to finish all currents downloads) and the total percentage for all download too...
yarrmateys

Post by yarrmateys »

would it be possible to add a box for file extensions that aren't added to the download bar? i'd like to make it so that saving pictures and similar files doesn't flood the download bar with them.

i know it's possible to make them get auto removed after 0 seconds, but they still pop up for a split second, making the bar flash in and out, causing problems on sites that auto adjust according to browser's visible size such as losing position.
marcomanno

Post by marcomanno »

Sometimes downloads fail for some reason, like a network problem.
In the download panel I can click on retry, and almost always the download is resumed, and usually completes successfully.
Other times the server is really slow, and I get repeteadly the error, and have to manually click retry multiple times.
Could you add an option to automatically resume such failed downloads? Maybe with an option to set the maximun number of retries.
Thanks!
Steve_Sr

Post by Steve_Sr »

Hello,

I have installed your plugin and it seems to have an issue with a stuck file name in the download bar that will not clear.

I have tried everything that I can think of including removing the entry from the MRU keys in the registry, removing everything Adobe that I could find (it was a PDF file), cleared FF download history, cleared FF cache.

So where is this file name coming from and how do I get rid of it? It is taking up valuable real estate on a small screen.

Thanks,

Steve
[HYBRID BEING]

Post by [HYBRID BEING] »

I wish you'd add an option to limit downloads on bar by number, ie after number of downloads exceed N oldest are start being delete.
jcgeny

Post by jcgeny »

i look after a downloader capable of doing most of the job during night...
DAP10 is able to do that but it considers some failed download like well made ...
so your extension seems to be the best .

could you add an option to set all downloads in a list todo during night , with a button to do download immediately on the taskbar
thank you in advance [ i hope you ll add also the resuming that may be need an info from user about size of file to get...like 10 Ko , 500 Mo or 3 Go ]
hsar

Post by hsar »

Great extension!

Missing just one thing to be perfect, in my book.
Not sure if this has been asked before, but could it be possible to add an option to automatically clear from the statusbar completed downloads that have been initiated by choosing to 'open' the file (as opposed to 'save')?
I believe that was the default behavior of the old, discontinued dl statusbar, and was very convenient when e.g. opening a number of small zip files to view / copy their contents. Without such an option, manual clearing of the statusbar must be performed after such tasks.
boggdy

Post by boggdy »

Funny thing: the downloads are done and the bar is still there. But I can't clear the complete downloads. I can right click on each of them, select Clear but nothing happens. On mouse over, I get null under everything: Source, Target, Speed... I can send you a printscreen or something.
How can I get rid of the complete downloads?
Thank you.
«G~Li†ch»

Post by «G~Li†ch» »

Still waiting... .. .
xadiCanione wrote:
«G~Li†ch» wrote:·········
1,627B
14.1kB
10.0MB
·········
I want to know, how many kb downloaded
·········
I added them in my to-do list. Thank you very much for your understanding and patience.
·········

tired of patience =))
If I Watch the % I feel that the download is stopped... ("heavy" file "weight").. Is so hard to display a size of each file (at all items on download bar)?
Standard download manager is better in this case =)
boggdy wrote:Funny thing: the downloads are done and the bar is still there. But I can't clear the complete downloads. I can right click on each of them, select Clear but nothing happens. On mouse over, I get null under everything: Source, Target, Speed... I can send you a printscreen or something.
How can I get rid of the complete downloads?
Familiar bug, but it appeared when I interrupted the download... Redownload the same file, stop, clear. Item deleted. Attempted to clear old "item" - it hangs... .. This "item" disappeared after firefox restart :D