Firefox 32.0 - Saved Passwords Aren't Showing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
therube

Re: Firefox 32.0 - Saved Passwords Aren't Showing

Post by therube »

> [Suppose the bug really should be moved to Toolkit | Password Manager.]

Done.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
dconx

Post by dconx »

I identified the source of the problem for me - and probably for most everyone having the problem.

Reproduction steps:

Not only will the sites and passwords be absent, but they can NOT be imported as previously described. The import failure message/log identified the source of the problem for me. Even though the extension is "disabled" in 32.x, the password manager, or whatever it is that remember-passwords hacks, remains patched. The extension needs to be removed, and not merely disabled.
I believe this causes sync to fail as well.

Thanks so much to everyone investing their time to help us work through this!!
modingo2

Post by modingo2 »

I had a similar issue with all my passwords missing in Password Manager in Preferences and no ability to save any new passwords after updating SeaMonkey v2.31.x to v2.32.1 (on MacOS X 10.8.5).

The fix was simple. I removed an old & incompatible add-on called Remember Passwords v1.1. Disabling the Add-On did not solve the issue for me. I had to remove it. I did not have to downgrade the browser. I restarted the browser to make sure the fix was not temporary and all is well now.
Last edited by modingo2 on February 23rd, 2015, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dconx

Post by dconx »

Yes. That is exactly what I said in the reply above yours. I'm glad the problem has been resolved for you.
My "reproduction steps" above are to demonstrate the problem for developers. You are correct - you do not need to downgrade to fix the problem.