Page loading issues with Firefox 36.0

Discuss how to use and promote Web standards with the Mozilla Gecko engine.
georgenr

Page loading issues with Firefox 36.0

Post by georgenr »

After the upgrade to Firefox 36.0 we are see page loading issue with some of the pages in our web application.

One such page handle file uploads. With Firefox 36.0, *.txt files uploads are allowed but any other file extensions give the below error.
A few other pages where see the same error are pages where we do simple form submits via POST. Any ideas as to why this is happening after the upgrade or how to debug such errors? These features used to work with the previous version and continues to work with other browsers.

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem..

Some more details on the issue
Using Firefox developer edition, I see this is in the Debug console
about:neterror?e=nssFailure2......

Does this indicate something...how should this error be interpreted.
roshan.lanewala

Re: Page loading issues with Firefox 36.0

Post by roshan.lanewala »

I have also got the same problem. When I try to do a POST, I get this error:
Secure Connection Failed

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Were you able to identify the root cause and a possible solution to this?

Regards,
jeb0202

Post by jeb0202 »

roshan.lanewala wrote:I have also got the same problem. When I try to do a POST, I get this error:
Secure Connection Failed

Regards,

I'm getting this exact same issue as well. Hope someone has been able to find a solution or at least the cause of this. It works fine for all other browsers as well as Firefox 35. Thought it was an SSL issue but all certificates are up to date and passes on sslabs.com test. I'm pretty much stumped as to why this is happening
trolly

Post by trolly »

Maybe the sites are using the now disabled SSLv3 ciphers.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
jeb0202

Post by jeb0202 »

I looked into the issue of if the cipher suites was causing the issue. We tested and confirmed that we are not using the v3 ciphers.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Are you using a certificate with 1024-bit RSA keys?

Phase 2: Phasing out Certificates with 1024-bit RSA Keys | Mozilla Security Blog

Could it be be because the -remote option was removed? Now restored with an update to Firefox 36.0.1.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
jeb0202

Post by jeb0202 »

We are using an RSA 2048 bit key.

The funny thing is our site is working fine until it hits a form with a input type="file" element. Once I submit the form, I'm getting that Secure Connection error. I'm pretty sure the request is going out when it is submitted but somehow firefox is blocking the response. This works fine in all other browsers or if we switch it to http on firefox. This is just so puzzling...I am just hoping there is a way to debug this!

Thanks for all the responses everyone.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Could it be a cross domain request? (For example the URL is xyz.com but the request is going to www.xyz.com)
Do you can track the request/response? Either with the Web Developer Console or e.g. Wireshark. Console is easier.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
jeb0202

Post by jeb0202 »

Nope, it is not a cross domain request. I just created a simple html form with just an input type="file" that just submits to itself and I'm still getting the error unfortunately.

On the console, it looks like the request is being sent but something is blocking the response from the server from coming back
trolly

Post by trolly »

Can you use Wireshark to see if the error message is correct?
If I take the message literal then you send the request and the server terminates the connection instead of sending a response.
jeb0202

Post by jeb0202 »

We just found out the issue! Seems like it was the SSL accelerator was returning some parsing errors on the ssl log. Had to get CISCO tech support to look into it and they ran a script on the server and that fixed it. No idea what they did as that is a bit out of my expertise.

Thanks again for your all who helped in looking into this!
roshan.lanewala

Post by roshan.lanewala »

jeb0202 wrote:
roshan.lanewala wrote:I have also got the same problem. When I try to do a POST, I get this error:
Secure Connection Failed

Regards,

I'm getting this exact same issue as well. Hope someone has been able to find a solution or at least the cause of this. It works fine for all other browsers as well as Firefox 35. Thought it was an SSL issue but all certificates are up to date and passes on sslabs.com test. I'm pretty much stumped as to why this is happening

We had our certs on SHA-1, updated our certs to SHA-2 with 2048-RSA keys and it worked all fine.

Thanks!
georgenr

Post by georgenr »

I found a solution to my problem in the Mozilla support fourms. See below link. Perhaps the below link might help:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/quest ... wer-701318