How to tell thunderbird to remember character encoding setti

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird

How to tell thunderbird to remember character encoding setti

Post by Guest »

I got different Character Encoding mail in my inbox, sometime when I read the mail I need to change the character encoding to the right one, but after close the mail and reopen again, I need to re-set the character encoding again. Is there anyway to tell thunderbird to remember the setting?
Albaraha

Post by Albaraha »

You can set the default encoding for Outgoing/Incoming Mail in Options dialog, then go to Fonts and select the default encoding you want.
Rod Whiteley

Post by Rod Whiteley »

No, Thnunderbird does not remember the setting for an individual e-mail. You can only specify a single default setting and apply it to all mail.

If you receive mail in a variety of charsets and an e-mail is badly formed, then you must set the charset each time you open it. Another way is to persuade whoever sent the e-mail to use a mail client that forms the e-mail correctly—for example, Thunderbird ;)
Rod
Antonio29

Re: How to tell thunderbird to remember character encoding setti

Post by Antonio29 »

[quote="Rod Whiteley"]No, Thnunderbird does not remember the setting for an individual e-mail. You can only specify a single default setting and apply it to all mail.

If you receive mail in a variety of charsets and an e-mail is badly formed, then you must set the charset each time you open it. Another way is to persuade whoever sent the e-mail to use a mail client that forms the e-mail correctly—for example, Thunderbird ;)

Character encoding in Thunderbird is so badly programmed that I, who writes in more than one language, among them Spanish and German, has to set the right character encoding for many individual emails, it has nothing to do with the people and their email clients who send me German or Spanish emails. It is a real and continuing pain in the neck,

Antonio
LoudNoise

Re: How to tell thunderbird to remember character encoding setti

Post by LoudNoise »

You are replying to an elderly thread (2005). Locking. Please start a new thread fully describing the problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."