Airfox Browser

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
airfoxbrowser

Airfox Browser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

Airfox is a fast, consistent, reliable, secure, private and independent web browser. Developed in the Microsoft .NET Runtime Environment, Airfox uses the Gecko Engine also seen in some well-known browsers such as Firefox, Waterfox, Pale Moon. Some advanced features such as Reliable Download Manager are not available due to restrictions from the GeckoFX runtime, but as seen from the results of the futuremark, acid 3 & acid 2 tests, Airfox’s scores/rankings are merit. We are just asking to support us by downloading Airfox and giving it a try. We promise that V2 will be just as good as the other famous browsers. We just want you to follow us on this journey. We want you to follow us on this quest. The quest for true browsing speed. The quest for an uncluttered web. The quest of YOUR ideal web .

(Please note that EVERY PLUG-IN THAT YOU WANT TO USE MUST BE FIRST INSTALLED IN YOUR COMPUTER).

Download it at http://www.airfox.sourceforge.net
Last edited by airfoxbrowser on January 6th, 2015, 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
airfoxbrowser

Re: Airfox Browser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

The version 1.2 of Airfox is available and it has some bug fixes.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

It seems Airfox uses Geckofx module, and the present edition depends on Gecko29.

Another thing, in your edition, you may not contain *.pdb, IA2Marshal.dll, js.exe ...

When I use it on my Win8 x64 OS, I don't know why ctrl+T, ctrl+N ... are invalid.
airfoxbrowser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

xunxun1982 wrote:It seems Airfox uses Geckofx module, and the present edition depends on Gecko29.

Another thing, in your edition, you may not contain *.pdb, IA2Marshal.dll, js.exe ...

When I use it on my Win8 x64 OS, I don't know why ctrl+T, ctrl+N ... are invalid.

The pdb files aren't necessary and they will be removed in the next version. To use the keyboard shortcuts, you have to click on a Τab and then do them.
Best regards
airfoxbrowser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

The version 1.3 of Airfox is available with a new font on the menu and revamped icons.
www.airfox.sourceforge.net
airfoxbrowser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

Airfox 1.4 is available!
The UI has been changed Also, an integrated E-mail Client, an HTML Editor, and a News Feed are available.
airfoxbrowser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

Airfox 1.4.5 is available with Gecko 31!
unbeleevabull

Post by unbeleevabull »

Download doesn't work for me even after allowing relevant sites in NoScript and RequestPolicy, neither direct link or choose mirror actually start a download. Sourceforge has never been good for downloading, IMO.

I got after trying again - too many redirects though IMO.
airfoxbrowser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

We have fixed the downloading issue and download works as it should.
Also, keep tuned because the next version will have lots of changes, like the ability to set your own homepage.
airfoxbrowser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

Airfox 1.5 is available with the following new features:
What's new in Airfox 1.5?
The Clear Browsing Data tool doesn’t leave leftovers, an updater that helps you to update Airfox to its latest version is available, a new settings window, which allows you to change the homepage and change advanced settings, a new homepage with lots of useful links, a getting started guide is shown when you launch Airfox for the first time and your settings are saved when you update Airfox. Support for Airfox 1.4 and older has been ended. Please update to Airfox 1.5 as soon as possible.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

I don't like .Net :(

And where can I find the source code/patches/build methods?
haqmoun

Post by haqmoun »

I wanted to test Airfox but it seems it can only be installed on the C-drive. That's quite limiting, and since I use a different drive to install software it's a no-go.
airfoxbrowser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

haqmoun wrote:I wanted to test Airfox but it seems it can only be installed on the C-drive. That's quite limiting, and since I use a different drive to install software it's a no-go.

If you want to install it to another hard drive, go to C:/Program Files or C:/Program Files (x86), and move the folder Airfox Team (or Elevarg if you are using an older version of Airfox) to the location you want. :D
airfoxbrowser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

Airfox 1.6 is available with a new notification system, a new updater, Gecko engine 33 and settings about the cache.
http://www.airfox.sourceforge.net
airfoxbrowser

Post by airfoxbrowser »

Airfox 1.7 is available with some bug-fixes and a stabler UI.
http://airfox.sourceforge.net