[Ext] Download Manager Tweak extension

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tFF

Post by tFF »

I'd like to propose some new features for fututre versions.
It would be great to add:
1. Passing an URL to start download process. So, I, for instance, enter an URL and download manager starts downloading.
2. An option to define limitations for how many files can be downloaded at a time simultaneously.
3. Accumulating a list of links for later downlaod. So, for instance, we could choose files for download while browsing the net. And DM would collect them for later download.

I know there are extension which behave the way i need (downTHEMall, Iget). But these extensions use there own mechanism and interface. It would be great to incorporate such capabilities uder single interface in single extension.

Thank you.
nickbrennan

Percent

Post by nickbrennan »

If I use you download manager I show a bad percentage up there...The first download is ok, but if I start a second one it devides the download percent with 2, so the total percent is the half of it...for example Im downloading one file, 50% of it done, but the whole process is at 25%...Or am I making something wrong? Sorry if it already has been posted. ( And sorry for my bad english:-) )
RDL

Post by RDL »

Dear Andman42 Thank you very much for DownLoadManagerTweak. I have had it installed ever since changing to FF last year and would not wish to be without it.

Some time ago I submitted a bug in Moz Bugzilla about the appearance of the FF options window with SideBarSwitcher in it. Eventually (very!) I got a defendable "wontfix" closure reply which said that extensions should not be using the FF options windows for their own options. I like the additional access to your options where it is but since they will not support problems in that area would it perhaps be wise to remove it?

Best regards, RDL
sf10027

DMT crash in nightly build

Post by sf10027 »

DMT 0.6.5 works fine in my nightly zipped Firefox build (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050422 Firefox/1.0+) except it crashes when the download manager tweak is opened in a tab and the "Options" button is pressed. Firefox is frozen after I click OK on the error message box which says the file "chrome://browser/content/pref/pref.xul" can't be found.

I fixed this problem by replacing references to "onDownloadShowOptions();" in downloadtab.xul with "openDialog('chrome://downloadmgr/content/options/options.xul');".

Is this a problem with the extension? Or is my system screwed up in some way?
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

It;s not meant to work with nightly builds ATM; andman42 has (quite rightly IMO) held off on trying to hit a moving target WRT the trunk's extension mechanisms.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I would think he would want to keep on top of things, and by keeping up with the nightly builds, would be ready once the 1.1 is actually out.
Sid The Kid

Post by Sid The Kid »

Hi,
I am having a problem. When I open download manager in a window, there is no problem, but when I open it in a tab, my menuitems dissapears. Can anybody explain me why?
Here is an example of a menuitem ("pause" here) code:
menuitem[label="Pause"] { list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/subskin/menuitems/pause.png") !important; -moz-image-region: rect(0px 16px 16px 0px) !important;}
Thanks for replying
zan5hin

Post by zan5hin »

Hi, Great extension.

Just a suggestion. Personally I find myself renaming a lot of the things I download to make it easier for me to remember what it was. Especially with .exes you have to click to install and then cancel if you can't remember what it is.

It would be great if you could add a "Rename" button up the top next to "clean up". I'd realy find that very, very useful.

This functionality might not be able to be put into firefox itself I'd imagine, but if you click open folder it automatically focuses on the file in question. Maybe the rename button could just do an open folder and then F2?

Thanks
jooliaan

Post by jooliaan »

I love DMT and I'mm missing the opportunity to use it with Fx DPa1 :(
It is possible to update it?
MC Escher

Post by MC Escher »

Could it be made possible to delete downloaded files from within the download manager? That would save me a lot of browing my computer.
brody

Post by brody »

Select a download and press the "Open Folder" button to go right to it.
Old Seamaiden

Post by Old Seamaiden »

Please help. I cannot get Download Manager Tweak to work. Forgive me if I posted originally in the wrong forum. The link below points to my post in the Extensions forum where my problems are described in detail.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=290638

P.S. I read through all 20 pages and did a forum search.
webcrawler

RFE - file description and/or rename button

Post by webcrawler »

Hi. Like your extension. Sometimes (often) download filenames are different than the app name and I may later forget what they are when I go to install them. I could really use an extension of your extension that makes it easy to rename the download.

Thanks,
Steve
::sGn::
feival

Post by feival »

I like your extension but now that I have installed FF 1.5 beta it won't work. Are you planning to upgrade it?
StoneCold

Post by StoneCold »

Via the extension manger update, you can get version 0.7, wich works fine with Firefox 1.5 Beta 1.

I hope andman42 will update his website soon.