(stiicky) Submit is not submitting my post?

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
therube

(stiicky) Submit is not submitting my post?

Post by therube »

(Currently, most times, not always) clicking Submit to submit a reply leaves my reply, displaying, & does not refresh the screen.
The tab indicator show it to be "busy", the status line shows it "Waiting for forums.mozillazine.org...")

It seems the actual reply does get posted (as I see by opening the same topic in another tab).

Opening topics is not an issue.
Not noticing anything odd with my browser, internet connection... otherwise.
Not doing anything odd, nothing new system or browser-wise.
I have not tried Safe Mode. O any type of debugging (even cache clearing), figuring its something on your end (or the pipe [tube] between us).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
barbaz

Re: Submit is not submitting my post?

Post by barbaz »

Does this happen in all topics or just long ones? Posting in a short thread it didn't happen but posting in the Moderation requests thread I hit this issue too...
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

It's happening here, as well.
I "approve" a new user, but the page does not update.
But it shows up O.K., when I close that "stuck" page & reload the "View new posts" forum.
There's a thread in the Mods forum about it.

Might ask another Mod about it.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Yes getting this as well probably something to do with the rack change
Works fine on my tablet I will clear cookies and cache on my windows machine
Edit: Clearing cache and cookies did nothing
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Type in the Post A Reply box, Submit, box and post remain but the post shows up fine.
@Just happened with this post, it's still there in another tab with Connecting spinning...
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

mightyglydd wrote:@Just happened with this post, it's still there in another tab with Connecting spinning...

Interesting... I subscribed for email notifications to this topic and didn't get notified of your post (yet?)...

EDIT 1 hour has passed since mightyglydd's post and still no notification here...
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

In the status bar, is anyone seeing googlesyndication when it stalls? I am not having this problem when I post but do see it using some of the controls.

Made into a brief sticky.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
therube

Post by therube »

When the page finally gives up trying to "Submit", I get this:

Code: Select all

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 292927864

Varnish cache server
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

LoudNoise wrote:In the status bar, is anyone seeing googlesyndication when it stalls? I am not having this problem when I post but do see it using some of the controls.

I just got a 100% full progressbar and the status bar said "Waiting for forums.mozillazine.org"

Also, to note, I'm probably never going to get the notification for mightyglydd's post here; I've just received notification of LoudNoise's post.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Did you get one for Rube's post?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

LoudNoise wrote:Did you get one for Rube's post?

Nope, but that's expected because he posted after you posted and before I logged in to read posts.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Ok. just got it while posting.
1) It took awhile before I go any progress bar at all.
2) I get to about 75% and it stalls at leads.doubleclick etc
3) By this time, the message has posted but even now, the tab still says "Connecting..." (3 minutes have passed).
Post wrangler
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Weird, same thing happened to the my last post. Going to back to Mozillazine--> Site Discussion, this thread and it also stalled. Hitting F5 caused the page to load faster then usual.

Hmm, a couple of more tests.

Oh, when I waited long enough for the first tab I also got "Error 503 Service Unavailable"
Post wrangler
barbaz-logged-out

Post by barbaz-logged-out »

LoudNoise wrote:Weird, same thing happened to the my last post. Going to back to Mozillazine--> Site Discussion, this thread and it also stalled. Hitting F5 caused the page to load faster then usual.

Hmm, a couple of more tests.

Oh, when I waited long enough for the first tab I also got "Error 503 Service Unavailable"

No email notification of the quoted post yet, and I should have been. I'm not going to read this thread while logged in until I receive the next notification; let's see what post the next notification I receive is for.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Emailed the Boss. Naturally, once I said "a couple of more tests" everything is working perfectly.
Post wrangler