I didn't create this thread; LoudNoise did.

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
TwoCables

I didn't create this thread; LoudNoise did.

Post by TwoCables »

makaiguy wrote:Some reading material for you: http://www.mozillazine.org/about/

This.

This forum is essentially a fansite.

Disclaimer: I did not create this thread.

LoudNoise saw fit to create this because he claims that it doesn't help Barabba solve his problem. See here:

Barabba wrote:Great great day for me! Thank you Mozilla a lot!!
I've lost all the sessions, even if I use Session manager extension and it saved many files for backup in different days!

You had the BRILLANT idea to create a new folder for profiles and DELETE the old one with all the settings and backup files. Even if I recovered deleted files they are unusable because they are corrupted. So I LOST EVERYTHING and I don't know what important pages I was visiting and work to finish, MY COMPLIMENTS!! THANK YOU!!!

GREAT IDEA TO DELETE THE OLD FOLDER!!!!!! While you have NO REASONS to delete it when firefox is about to "restore" itself.

Yet, there are 3 other posts in that thread THAT WERE MADE BEFORE MINE that don't help Barabba solve his problem either. These posts are as follows:

LoudNoise wrote:The joy of "Give Firefox a tune up"

Frank Lion wrote:

AKA 'The Firefox **** Up'.

Again, these posts do nothing to help Barabba solve his problem or answer his question. Yet, there they sit, unmoderated. Like I said, these posts were made BEFORE MINE.

So, why did I post "This forum is essentially a fansite"? That's easy! I am anticipating that Barabba won't take to that very kindly and will decide to not even click the link that makaiguy posted. So, if he chooses to NOT click the link - or if he takes offense to the fact that makaiguy isn't really helping, then he would have seen mine where I'm just saying, "No, he's just saying that this is kind of like a fansite. He's not trying to be rude".

But, I guess that's not appreciated on here.
Last edited by TwoCables on April 13th, 2015, 1:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
Signature removed by Dartman
LoudNoise

Re: This forum is essentially a fansite.

Post by LoudNoise »

Split off as off topic, Kindly don't interfere with support threads.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

What the hell? I wasn't interfering. I was helping that thread starter understand that this is not owned and operated by Mozilla. I only made one post. Damn. If you think that's interfering, then ...... wow.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Which didn't help the OP solve his/her problem which is sort of the point of the support threads.

Think what you may of us but we do know how to fix problems.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

LoudNoise wrote:Which didn't help the OP solve his/her problem which is sort of the point of the support threads.

Think what you may of us but we do know how to fix problems.

Ok, so then what about makaiguy's post?!

What about YOUR post?!

What about Frank Lion's?!

These posts aren't helping the OP solve his problem, so what gives?

Is this how members like me are treated who haven't been here as long and who have less posts?
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Erm WTF are you talking about, in all likelihood Frank's post is the solution...
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

And those posts are STILL there, LoudNoise. Let me tell you which ones were just as bad as mine, according to your apparent rules and standards:

Frank Lion wrote:

AKA 'The Firefox **** Up'.

How do these posts help Barabba solve his/her problem?

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that he's already pissed off, so I really don't think they're going to help him feel any better. Frank Lion's first post isn't going to rub him the right way either, but that's beside the point.

mightyglydd wrote:Erm WTF are you talking about, in all likelihood Frank's post is the solution...

He made two.
Last edited by TwoCables on April 12th, 2015, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Clearly you don't have a frakking clue what they're referring to.. IE: The OP's problem.

TwoCables wrote:He made two.

Don't be a smart ass sunshine, you know dam well the one I'm referring to..
Last edited by mightyglydd on April 12th, 2015, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Makaiguy was pointing out that we are not part of Mozilla. The OP was blaming us for his problems. Since we are not part of Mozilla his complaints here are more or less pointless. Frank was pointing to the likely way to recover from the problem, the OP's old profile is likely on his desktop. My reply was simply what likely caused the problem. With a bit of luck, the OP will reply and we can work from there.

Is this how members like me are treated who haven't been here as long and who have less posts?

No. You have 78 posts and seem like you mostly know your stuff. Most of the folks who have over 10,000 posts here have been split off posts, many off to locked. The only thing that a large number of posts give you here is an acknowledgement that you know what you are talking about and are given a bit more latitude than other folks.
Post wrangler
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

mightyglydd wrote:Clearly you don't have a frakking clue what they're referring to.. IE: The OP's problem.

And clearly you don't have a "frakking clue" that these posts that I just copy/pasted don't help Barubba solve his problem, which is what LoudNoise claimed was the reason for splitting my reply off into this thread!
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Go take your meds..
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Ignore Mighty, it makes things easier.
Post wrangler
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

LoudNoise wrote:Makaiguy was pointing out that we are not part of Mozilla. The OP was blaming us for his problems. Since we are not part of Mozilla his complaints here are more or less pointless. Frank was pointing to the likely way to recover from the problem, the OP's old profile is likely on his desktop. My reply was simply what likely caused the problem. With a bit of luck, the OP will reply and we can work from there.

No. You have 78 posts and seem like you mostly know your stuff. Most of the folks who have over 10,000 posts here have been split off posts, many off to locked. The only thing that a large number of posts give you here is an acknowledgement that you know what you are talking about and are given a bit more latitude than other folks.

I don't believe this. I'm looking forward to seeing the way Barubba reacts to the way he was helped.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

mightyglydd wrote:Erm WTF are you talking about, in all likelihood Frank's post is the solution...

I don't even know what thread we're on about, but that's bound to be right. :|

I either fix the problem or if it's the OP who is the problem by not being in a receptive listening mood, then I fix them instead until they are. Either way, stuff will get fixed here.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
TwoCables

Post by TwoCables »

LoudNoise wrote:Ignore Mighty, it makes things easier.

Maybe you could moderate him instead?

I've been on a few different forums, but this is one of the worst in terms of how the members are allowed to treat other members like crap.