Tabs bar background color

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
spuuunit

Tabs bar background color

Post by spuuunit »

My goal is to color the whole background for the tabs bar. However, I use the Classic Theme Restorer addon to make the tabs go at the bottom, and because of this, when I try to color it, not the whole background becomes colored.

This is the code I use in Stylish (CSS addon):

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tabs
{
    background: red !important;
    height: 40px !important;
}

And this is the result:

As you can see there are gaps at the left and right side, where the standard Firefox color shines through. The gaps are not especially big, but it looks really bad if you're having an overall darker looking browser.

So, does anyone have any idea how to cover it all? Maybe there's a better ID / class than .tabbrowser-tabs?
patrickjdempsey

Re: Tabs bar background color

Post by patrickjdempsey »

I couldn't see the image, but .tabbrowser-tabs is the box directly around the tabs, not the entire toolbar. Try #TabsToolbar instead.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
spuuunit

Post by spuuunit »

As long as I have the tabs at the bottom, the background color in #TabsToolbar doesn't seem to do anything... Only when I set the tabs at the top I see the color change.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

You should probably ask Aris in the Classic Theme Restorer thread as that is not normal Firefox behavior, and certainly has nothing to do with "Theme Development".
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2773133
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
spuuunit

Post by spuuunit »

Thanks, I'll see if I can come up with something. However, I have another question that is more of a code problem. If you want me to post another thread, I can do that instead.

In my #status4evar-status-bar, I want to have 3 background images at the same time. One that loops left so that the whole bar gets covered. Then only one, stuck on the left side of the panel. And another stuck at the right side of the panel. Like this:

This is how my code looks like now, but I don't get the left side to behave like I want to:

#status4evar-status-bar
{
    height: 24px !important;
    background-image: url('file:///C:/Portables/Firefox/Settings/BGs/status_bar_middle.png') !important;
}

#status4evar-status-bar
{
    background-image: url('file:///C:/Portables/Firefox/Settings/BGs/status_bar_left.png') !important;
    background-position: left; !important;
    background-repeat: no-repeat; !important;
}
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Moved to Firefox Support. In general, if you have a specific question on a specific extension, look in the Extensions forums first if there is a support thread offered by the add-on's author. Post your question there, or here in the general support forum if none exists.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@ spuuunit:

You won't be able to override most of CTRs css without looking into the code CTR uses.

This code should work for you in Stylish:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme){
}

Keep in mind CTR has not only to register css on agent level, but also has to use multiple node levels and "!important" to be able to override css in all required cases, so things like #TabsToolbar{background:red;} wont work.

Like already mentioned above, try to use CTRs support area for help requests regarding CTR.
spuuunit

Post by spuuunit »

rsx11m wrote:Moved to Firefox Support. In general, if you have a specific question on a specific extension, look in the Extensions forums first if there is a support thread offered by the add-on's author. Post your question there, or here in the general support forum if none exists.

Ok, I'll do that.

EDIT: Wait sorry, it works! I must have put the code before my other #TabsToolbar tries or something. Silly of me, and thanks for the help!