[Ext] GlassMyFox - GlassMyBird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
usernameistoolong

Re: [Ext] GlassMyFox - GlassMyBird

Post by usernameistoolong »

No, I do not have Stylish installed!

I had an accident where a number of my extensions got knocked out or deleted Stylish among them which had a whole set of scripts for glassing everything and rather than re-install it, because that's essentially all it was there for, I thought I'd give Glass My Fox a try.
Aris

Post by Aris »

GMF works fine without Stylish, but those two prefs do not.
Stylish adds a new attribute to #main-window node, that allows to modify window content (not only web content) for specific urls like about:blank or about:newtab. This is helpful when default css rules like @-moz-document url(about:newtab) {...} fail.
usernameistoolong

I put in Stylish, and a couple questions.

How do I get the bookmarks sidebar, and the history sidebar, to have a half-glassed effect? Everything I click just leaves it completely glass.

When I have tabs I haven't looked at the tab text is a discrete grey, but after I've looked at it it remains white. Can I get it so the text on tabs will be always grey unless it's the tab I'm looking at? --nevermind, figured that one out with Classic Theme Restorer.

edit: Oh, confusion! My old Stylish scripts have activated. I thought they'd been exterminated.
Danemj3

Post by Danemj3 »

It just turns mine white, almost all white.. I'd have to believe this happens somewhat often, since all I did was press add. That's it.

http://gyazo.com/e074e0b6dad964306d6659a819ee3bcc

And the background at the time was black..
Aris

Post by Aris »

Is a lw-theme / theme enabled? If yes, disable your custom themes, uninstall GMF, restart Firefox and reinstall GMF (this will restore GMFs default settings).

Is AeroGlass enabled in your Windows settings? Are other windows transparent or at least have transparent titlebars?
Danemj3

Post by Danemj3 »

Hm, other windows are white from the windows theme that I have, it might have something to do with it.
But a couple things make me think that it doesnt though.
1. I tried this before I had all the new themes / settings.
2. The firefox window seems to work independently, because it will change back to default when I tell it to.

But I tried everything you suggested but still just turns it a random white, not even the same white as other windows.
I think either way I'm kinda over it if it takes too much work. Thanks though. :)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Danemj3 wrote:Hm, other windows are white from the windows theme that I have, it might have something to do with it.

This is the reason. GMF allows current windows to use their default appearance, by removing current colors on top of them. If your current Windows theme is AeroGlass, you get transparent windows. If your current theme uses solid colors without transparency, GMF won't be able to make anything transparent.
usernameistoolong

Latest update causes a glassed line across the bottom of the tab bar,

http://s4.postimg.org/oj4swfpt9/glassed ... f_tabs.jpg

but only when a page is fully loaded.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Which update/version?
1.3.6 from 21-11-2014 or the beta 1.3.7b3 from 14-05-2015?

Uninstall GMF, restart, reinstall GMF.
usernameistoolong

The one that turned up automatically yesterday,

1.3.6.1-signed

edit: hang on, just found the culprit,

Mozilla Labs: Prospector - Less Chrome HD 9.1-signed.

I'd forgotten this was the other update that installed earlier yesterday and disabling it eliminates this line.
spideymouse

Post by spideymouse »

Hi Aris,

I found an incompatibility between GMF and Tile Tabs, where selecting "Transparent findbar" under 'Expert tweaks' removes the borders from tiled tabs. I realize that it's likely because TIle Tabs sets its borders up as background colors, and this is probably unavoidable, but I wanted to inform you about it.

Tim
Aris

Post by Aris »

Some GMF settings (most likely the ones in 'expert' category) have an impact on everything inside the tab.
The findbar is not a toolbar anymore, but part of the tab content. Therefore its transparency option can also affect things, that actually do not need transparency.
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

Is there a way to turn off Glass for Hover..??

http://img254.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 2_98lo.jpg
Aris

Post by Aris »

This is a default Firefox effect.

To override it use Stylish or userchome with this code:

Code: Select all

.bookmark-item {
  -moz-appearance: none !important;
  border: unset !important;
}
heff82

Post by heff82 »

Hello. I used the newest FF and GMF Version, have everything on default, and get a broken look if I only change "Dropdown menu" from "no glass" to "semi transparent".