Problem with forum logins

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Breviceps

Problem with forum logins

Post by Breviceps »

DanRaisch: I'm going crazy as my original Forum Username and password apparently became non-functional sometime in the recent past as I got the following message
You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below...
I, therefore registered a new profile and within an hour wound up with the same message
You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below...[
This despite the fact I got an email confirming activation of the registered new profile. So I register yet another new forum profile using a different e-mail address. This one
lasted from yesterday at approximately 11:10 am until today at Today at 6:45 am. When I attempted to log in again, wouldn't you know I got the same message
You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below...
](*,) By now I'm beginning to suspect someone on the forum is deliberately taking down my new FF registration accounts but can't prove it.

I desparetly need help DanRaisch: as I only have one e-mail account left that can be used to set up a new registered account. I would have e-mailed you privately but I would have to be logged in to do so and as you see, I can't. Is there any way you can get one of my former registered accounts up and running again for me not to mention possibly investigating to determine who is doing this to forum members as I note that since May of this year, there are other people having similar issues?
trolly

Re: Problem with forum logins

Post by trolly »

What is your previous user name?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Possibly one of these?
> Cheirtor1 & email = glideroosg - at - aol.com
> Cheirtaurus6 & email = marsupialia2 - at - aol.com
All from the same IP, AFAICS. > 74.77.102.176
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

1: dabluguy1
2: HARLEM REDWINGS

or Sportman++++...
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Breviceps

Post by Breviceps »

LIMPET235 states:
Possibly one of these?
> Cheirtor1 & email = glideroosg - at - aol.com
> Cheirtaurus6 & email = marsupialia2 - at - aol.com
All from the same IP, AFAICS. > 74.77.102.176
You are incorrect. See my other post here in the MozillaZine Site Discussion Entitled Keep Having new accounts go down which Moderato LoudNoise has been helping me with.
Since you don't have an account to PM to no. That said, it should be fixed now. However, I had to change the password so don't try to get in that account yet.

The Cheirtor1 account has an aol email account. Can you still access that email account?

Apparently the forum gremlin got to the accounts within a matter of moments except for one:
... Yet again, I register another new account using a different e-mail address, get another e-mail to activate it and comply getting notice the account is now active. This time I log in to the account successfully Yesterday at appoximately 11:10 am and the account remains O.K. until today sometime after I posted in another forum at 6:45 am. Then I get the infamous statement You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below. Once again, I register another new account using a different e-mail address, get another e-mail to activate it and comply getting notice the account is now active. But [of course] when I attempt to log into it, I once again get the infamous statement You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below.

However, I'm still waiting to hear back and suspect he's on the board only at night. Perhaps one of you moderators might be on the board during the day and can help me out? If so, would be greatly appreciated.
Breviceps

Post by Breviceps »

Here's the link to the other Topic in case you want to merge the two topics: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2937665
Again, if one of you moderators might be on the board during the day perhaps you could help me out? Would be greatly appreciated. :)
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

How the h$$$ can that (Cheirtor1) User Name be incorrect when you are in the process of "re-using" it?
"sheesh!"

Locking this as a duplicate.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)