Change Look of Thunderbird Inbox (Outlook or WLM?)

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
threehappypenguins

Change Look of Thunderbird Inbox (Outlook or WLM?)

Post by threehappypenguins »

Does anybody know of an extension that allows me to change the look of Thunderbird's inbox? For example, I really hate how it has "Subject" "From," etc all in different columns. I like the way Outlook, Windows Live Mail and all sorts of other email clients have it so that the Subject is "big" and the sender (from) is small (just underneath it or something). Kind of like this: Image

But Thunderbird looks like this: Image

I tried looking up extensions, but I have no idea what to look for or what it may be called.
threehappypenguins

Re: Change Look of Thunderbird Inbox (Outlook or WLM?)

Actually, see the second picture under #9: http://blog.josiahbruner.com/2013/02/th ... ncept.html

See what the problem is? It makes no sense to have it this way.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Actually, some of us like it that way and really, really, really dislike to way that Outlook is structured.
threehappypenguins

That's great. Why not have both options? I think I've pretty much given up. Right now, I'm trying Postbox. So far, so good!
threehappypenguins

Well... looks like Postbox won't be any good either. I can sync my Google Contacts and Google Calendar, but not my Google Tasks. Technically, I can sync with Google Tasks, and it's through the Calendar extension, but the problem is that it just syncs it as one, big, giant tasklist, and not organized into different groups like my Google Tasks actually is. There is a Google Tasks extension for Thunderbird that allows it to properly be synced, but it doesn't work in Postbox.

Boo.

Looks like I still have to search for alternatives. :(
threehappypenguins

Okay... I settled on one! Em Client. It has the two-line view, plus all my Google Contacts, Google Calendar, & Google Tasks. Whoohoo! The only thing missing is conversation view (threads), but that's okay since this summer release 7 is supposed to have it. :)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Enjoy.