Controlling how far to go back in View your posts

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
dfoulkes

Controlling how far to go back in View your posts

Post by dfoulkes »

I seem to remember that way back-when ... I had asked this question... but not sure...

With the realization that the MozillaZine servers are worked too hard at times and with the fact that I have a bookmark that I click on to View my posts ... or... even when I click on that same function via the upper RHS link... I always end up with all of my posts going back to 2008.

I don't need the servers to work that hard.....

I do know that at the bottom of each section that there's an option to modify that span of time... but I like to either use my bookmark or the upper RHS link.... and/but that change does not follow me around in the board... isn't there something is the forums software that can maintain that setting per user... cookies? or ?? ... magical css-code to put into my various css-type files? ... UserStyles kind of code? ... anything out there... or ideas?

Thanks.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
barbaz

Re: Controlling how far to go back in View your posts

Post by barbaz »

How far back do you actually want it to go?

Try this link for only the past 6 months of your posts (works for any signed-in user)
search.php?search_id=egosearch&sr=topics&st=180
dfoulkes

Re: Controlling how far to go back in View your posts

Post by dfoulkes »

Perfect... thanks ... when I start out reviewing posts in the morning I don't need tons of posts... I changed your example to 30 ... and I may even reduce down to 5 days in the future ... basically what I look for are posts that have taken place since I last posted... that way I can see if I need to respond...

Thanks again.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!