Addon to Delete Selected Folders?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Thunderbird
BorgInvasionReturns

Addon to Delete Selected Folders?

Post by BorgInvasionReturns »

Is there an addon that you can set up, similar to Xpunge on emptying trash and compacting, but that will delete all emails in specified folders? I have over a hundred folder and many fill up fast and I do not have time to check every single email. So now and then I just go into each folder and delete all messages. Is there an addon that will take defined folders I give it and empty them out for me with the click of a button? I tried looking.
Thanks.
DanRaisch

Re: Addon to Delete Selected Folders?

Post by DanRaisch »

I doubt that you'll find an extension for that purpose. Why not set up filters against those folders and manually trigger them when you want to delete all message in the particular set of folders? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Filters_%28Thunderbird%29
BorgInvasionReturns

I tried looking into filters before, but I must be missing something to get it to work on subfolders. Each of the 20 accounts has 1 to 50+ subfolders of emails, sorted by filters as is (but not perfect). At the moment I can not find how to get the filter to look into subfolders still. It mentions using a certain addon that then talks about changing some settings in Thunderbird. I will have to give those settings a whirl because we are talking dozens and dozens of subfolders.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Think about creating a virtual folder using saved search where you specify those folders (they can be in different accounts) as part of the search criteria used to create the folder. It will be much easier to delete the appropriate messages when they are all in one (virtual) folder.
BorgInvasionReturns

Tan, I could try that. Have to get it to search for different criteria in dozens of selected folders. Will try bit by bit as the days go on and see how that works out, without accidentally deleting contents from other folders. See, I got dozens and dozens of folders for job engines, and several dozen from LinkedIN groups. Who has time to read every single one of these thousands of emails a day. :)I get to a couple here and there.