Various bugs or whatever you call them

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Adelaa

Various bugs or whatever you call them

Post by Adelaa »

[Dell Inspiron 560 desktop; MS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012; MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox up to date.]

I give up on Firefox if someone can’t help me.....

1. You don’t recognize my user name, strangely because I’ve logged in about 2 days ago with the same loggin!

2. You had NO “Forgot user name?” link.

3. I registered again, changed name, etc. BUT....

4. Your Account Activation never came to my email address. It didn't have any “If you don’t see it click here” button.

5. How to stop withholding my popup messages forcing me to have to go up to click on your “Allow” button each time!!!

6. How to stop slapping the sites I’m reading and working on, with your large, square ads covering the entire half page so I can’t read the page! You call them “TILES” I think, and they don’t move at all. No links of any sort. And they never go away!!! WHAT is it?

Could anyone help me please? Thanks ever so much! :) Adela
trolly

Re: Various bugs or whatever you call them

Post by trolly »

First, we are not Mozilla Corp. http://www.mozillazine.org/about/

1) What is your user name? I can offer Adela or Adelita. Both have rcn.com emails.
2) Why should we? Or do you mean "Forgot your password?"
3) And what happened?
4) see 1) and I can check your email address. Also checked your spam folder?
5) What you are talking about?
6) see 5)

BTW: Posting a screen shot
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Adelaa

Post by Adelaa »

trolly wrote:First, we are not Mozilla Corp. http://www.mozillazine.org/about/

1) What is your user name? I can offer Adela or Adelita. Both have rcn.com emails.
2) Why should we? Or do you mean "Forgot your password?"
3) And what happened?
4) see 1) and I can check your email address. Also checked your spam folder?
5) What you are talking about?
6) see 5)

BTW: Posting a screen shot

Hello Troller and I'm so sorry that I erroneously sent this problem to Mozilla Zine. I thought it was another name for Mozilla Firefox. Also apologize for the delay to answer, but my email (WLM) has stopped sending/receiving among other related glitches there...I've been in constant contact with my server RCN but the problem continues. So I came here to check for answers and glad I found yours.

Thank you so much for your kindness in trying to help. Is this also a tech help for Firefox? I answer your questions here:

1) My name is Adela and it would be nice if I could use it as username instead of "Adelaaa" which Firefox made me take.

2) I was questioning them why they didn't have a button-link saying "Forgot your username?" or password? If they had it, I didn't see it on their login page. I still have a login problem with them.

3) I registered and had to choose "Adelaaa" as the simpler ones were taken (probably by me!). Requested a password, then changed it to my own, and it kept saying Wrong Username or Password when trying to login.

4) "You don’t recognize my user name, strangely because I’ve logged in about 2 days ago with the same loggin!"

Yes, I did log in but in subsequent login tries, as explained above, it just didn't recognize the username or password for whatever reason! Spam Folder: I check it routinely.

5) "How to stop withholding my popup messages forcing me to have to go up to click on your “Allow” button each time!!!"

It must be coming from Firefox, a light yellow or deep cream color strip across the top of my screen, always stops the flow of the websites I'm viewing or working on. They show at the far right side an "Allow" button-link so I have to click on the Allow to get the website back to work each time!...and it doesn't work all the times! I was hoping they could omit this altogether. Maybe they can't or maybe it's not Firefox? I don't know but I thought I'd start with Firefox.

6) "How to stop slapping the sites I’m reading and working on, with your large, square ads covering the entire half page so I can’t read the page! You call them “TILES” I think, and they don’t move at all. No links of any sort. And they never go away!!! WHAT is it?"

Yes, this too is extremely annoying. It's just what I explain, it is a different type of ad which it does not move at all, takes almost entire square size of the screen, has no X to delete, and a note somewhere there refers to them as "Tiles". So I was again hoping they could put a stop to it. However, gratefully I haven't seen it since then.

Thanks again for answering with suggestions even though it wasn't Firefox. :) Adela
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Adela-

I sent a forced reactivation to your email account for this name. Follow those instructions. If that does not work, post here again and we can try a second trick.

P.S. We will have to approve the first post before you will see it. If you are successful, you will get an email telling you this.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Adelaa

Post by Adelaa »

I forgot to tell you, Trolly, that since my WLMail on my email address, nuevadela2 (at) rcn (dot) com, is still not working, should I change it here to my other email address which is working fine? Otherwise I'll never receive answers from Mozillazine...Thank you again for yourhelp! Adela

Post by Guest »

LoudNoise wrote:Adela-

I sent a forced reactivation to your email account for this name. Follow those instructions. If that does not work, post here again and we can try a second trick.

P.S. We will have to approve the first post before you will see it. If you are successful, you will get an email telling you this.

Thank you LoudNoise, but I'm having a "send/receive" problem on my email address nuevadela2 at rcn dot com with which I registered here. I wonder if I can change it into my other email address that works well? Otherwise I can't receive any messages on that email address. I've had this problem since over a week and they still haven't resolved it, hence better to change it? So to do this, do I have to register again here? Please let me know?

Thanks very much again! Adela
Last edited by DanRaisch on June 10th, 2015, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email address reformatted per forum rules.
trolly

Post by trolly »

We need to know your email. Either post it here with precautions (see your edited post above) or use PM.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Adela

Post by Adela »

trolly wrote:We need to know your email. Either post it here with precautions (see your edited post above) or use PM.

Thank you Trolley, this could be an alternative email addy for situations like the present one: loveisrael at rcn dot com. But for now, they have again lifted the blockage (I don't know for how long) so it's okay to use my main email addy which is nuevadela2 at rcn dot com. Thanks again. :) Adela

P.S. Does MozillaZine.org also helps with tech questions?
The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites, or women for men. Alice Walker
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Err, are you back to the username you want?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Adela

Post by Adela »

LoudNoise wrote:Err, are you back to the username you want?

Yes I hope I am, with my own name: Adela. Can one login be used for both Mozillazine and Mozilla Firefox?
The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites, or women for men. Alice Walker
James

Post by James »

Mozilla Firefox or Firefox for short is a web browser.

The forums.mozillazine.org is a independent forum and not shared with any *.mozilla.org sites.

Mozilla has their own support forum for some Mozilla products at support.mozilla.org/questions/
Adela

Post by Adela »

James wrote:Mozilla Firefox or Firefox for short is a web browser.

The forums.mozillazine.org is a independent forum and not shared with any *.mozilla.org sites.

Mozilla has their own support forum for some Mozilla products at support.mozilla.org/questions/

Thank you. So, I'll have to find out how to log into Firefox Forum. adela
James

Post by James »

Adela wrote:Thank you. So, I'll have to find out how to log into Firefox Forum. adela

There is no Firefox forum. If you meant support.mozilla.org/questions/ then you select a product section and ask a question which will then be how you create an account. It is one forum as each product is separated depending on if you select a product or all support.mozilla.org/questions/all
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Or use this link for our Firefox Support subforum: viewforum.php?f=38
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Just to make things crystal clear, with this username you can post on any forum section listed in our local site, anything listed here: index.php

If you want to post at the site James mentioned ( support.mozilla.org) you would need to register there.
Post wrangler