Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
LoudNoise

Re: Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey

Post by LoudNoise »

Btw, another suggestion would be start a new member with a name fitting the converter. The password could be shared with the folks who are the helpers. Everyone with the password would be able to respond to PMs.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

LoudNoise wrote:Let me bring it up in the mod shack. It would have to be in Site discussion.

Thanks. I imagine this thread could be both for reporting problems and reporting working extensions, open for everyone. If it doesn't attact too much spam it could work, I suppose.

LoudNoise wrote:Btw, another suggestion would be start a new member with a name fitting the converter. The password could be shared with the folks who are the helpers. Everyone with the password would be able to respond to PMs.

But how would a new member help? Users would still need to set up accounts here in order to write, I think it's important to make it as easy as possible. Many people use the converter every day but most of them don't post their results here. Besides, an open discussion has the advantage that anyone can respond and help (not only the editor group) and I'm sure in some cases that will be enough, for example someone may incorrectly report a problem due to their specific configuration.
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
Rollo_Tommasi

Post by Rollo_Tommasi »

WheelClear 2.1.1-signed works after conversion.
Thanks again
:D
Rollo_Tommasi

Post by Rollo_Tommasi »

2 Pane
Bookmarks 0.6.2013040601.1-signed

also works after conversion, but probably I'm going to disable it: this extension
put a delete (bookmark) button at the bottom of the panel, and I have already deleted
a bookmark by mistake... :oops:
nohamelin

Post by nohamelin »

After that, you always can open the Bookmarks Manager ('Library'), go to the original container folder of the deleted bookmark and press Ctrl+Z ... :wink:
Rollo_Tommasi

Post by Rollo_Tommasi »

nohamelin wrote:After that, you always can open the Bookmarks Manager ('Library'), go to the original container folder of the deleted bookmark and press Ctrl+Z ... :wink:

Yes, you are right! :shock: :)

But there is another problem: the right click menu don't work.
I noticed it only now, because normally I don't use the right click menu on the side panel.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Lemon Juice wrote:
LoudNoise wrote:Let me bring it up in the mod shack. It would have to be in Site discussion.

Thanks. I imagine this thread could be both for reporting problems and reporting working extensions, open for everyone. If it doesn't attact too much spam it could work, I suppose.

We would have to convince Kerz to open SeaMonkey Support for guest posting. While the thread isn't likely to attract much spam SeaMonkey Support would. Your moderators have seen many more shemale gallery posts in Site discussion than the users have. :)

Bringing it up in the mod shack didn't excite much comment. My best suggestion would be to edit the first post ( or start a new post in SeaMonkey Support) for these reports. If the folks don't want to register here you could include a gmail (or its ilk) address that could be read by everyone involved with these problems.

The problem here is that we are set up for general support and discussion. While discussion about the converter is great here most of the nitty gritty now needs a home that can offer basic backbone support. Did you ever contact OSU/OSL?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

This might be a good (currently unused) resource for providing information and links to the converter:

Code: Select all

12:37   Ratty   According to John-Galt the reason we have a blank space in the discovery pane is that our carousel is empty. So we can fill it with links to the addon converter etc
12:38   Ratty   we may need admin access
12:38   IanN   ooo, that sounds interesting
12:38   rsx11m   Ratty: yes, would be good to have
12:39   Ratty   need to ask Mossop who in Firefox land is responsible for updating their Carousel and what the procedure is
12:40   Ratty   I'd do it but I have too much other things to do
12:42   IanN   well if we know the procedure, just need to find someone to carry it out
Debarkader

Post by Debarkader »

ScrapBook 1.5.13.1-signed
It appears this extension works normally after conversion -- create notes and catalogs, stores Web pages and selection.
Snowshoe

Post by Snowshoe »

Navigational Sounds 1.2.4.1-signed

Seems to be working just fine after conversion. Tested on Windows XP with SeaMonkey 2.33.1. Windows 8+ users will need to assign the "Start Navigation" sound to test.
tommy27

Post by tommy27 »

Web2PDF converter

Web2PDF converter allows to convert web pages into PDF files directly from browser. It uses Web2PDF online service.

works fine in SeaMonkey after conversion
tommy27

Post by tommy27 »

ChromaTabs
Tints browser tabs with a color specific to the website loaded. This helps you identify tab contents based on a distinct visual cue.

works fine in SeaMonkey after conversion
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Ha! Two things: compatibility likely depends on the theme you are using, and as that is one ancient extension which I doubt it will be around on AMO much longer... I'm actually surprised it's still there.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Rollo_Tommasi

Post by Rollo_Tommasi »

CanvasBlocker 0.1.6-Release
Working after conversion, pass the "canvas" test on browserleaks.
Notifications, whitelist /blacklist domains, block/fake the readout: seems all ok.

QuickImage 1.4.1.1-signed
Also is working fine after conversion.

EDIT: added release numbers.
Last edited by Rollo_Tommasi on September 4th, 2015, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
morat

Post by morat »

Converted Version Compatible with SeaMonkey 2.33.1:

Copy Link Name 1.3.5.3.1-signed
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... link-name/

Dafizilla ViewSourceWith 0.9.4.3.1-signed
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ourcewith/

DictionarySearch 28.0.0.1-signed
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... arysearch/

Converted Version [Partly] Compatible with SeaMonkey 2.33.1:

Googlebar Lite 5.0.6.1-signed
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ebar-lite/

* find next occurrence fails
* search history dropmarker does not work
* search history dropmarker does not disappear after disabling search history

BTW,

The next version of Copy Link Name is Superfish adware.

Copy Link Name 1.3.5.5.1-signed
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... /versions/

Copy Link Name was originally created by Captain Caveman.
Last edited by morat on August 16th, 2015, 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.