How do I remove npfdml.dll from my plug in directory?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Dragon_1

How do I remove npfdml.dll from my plug in directory?

Post by Dragon_1 »

I was fine downloading with my browser. Then I attempted to get a download manager. I got the free download manager and did not have a good experience. I removed it from add and remove programs.

Now, I cannot download anything with my browser until I remove npfdm.dll from my plug in directory.

:crazyeyes: Da! How does a dummy do that PLEASE!?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example"! Mark Twain

Dragon_1
(Using Windows XP Home, Foxfire1.0(R), OE6, Ad-Aware Pro Se Build 5.01, Norton 2005 Anti-Virus11.01, HijackThis v1.98, CleanMOCashe1.05, Zone Alarm Pro Build 5.5.062.011.)
hellene

Post by hellene »

Firefox plugins folder (Default location in Windows: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins) Delete the offendibg .dll. Do it when Firefox is not running. If it tells you the file is in use and cannot be deleted, start windows in safe mode and delete it then. You may need to turn system restore off first before deleting it in that case.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy
Dragon_1

Post by Dragon_1 »

Hey! The Dummy found it all on his own! And it works fine! If I did not ask I would not have seen the answer in my minds eye.
Thank You!
(I Will be done moving may 28th) And more active in the forum.

I am not a Foxfire elder, but when I can help I will, as in the few times of the past.
Please, Mozilla line members, be patient. I have been sick 50% of the time and the rest is spent trying to get packed.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example"! Mark Twain

Dragon_1
(Using Windows XP Home, Foxfire1.0(R), OE6, Ad-Aware Pro Se Build 5.01, Norton 2005 Anti-Virus11.01, HijackThis v1.98, CleanMOCashe1.05, Zone Alarm Pro Build 5.5.062.011.)
Dragon_1

Post by Dragon_1 »

hellene,
Thank You for the very fast reply!
I'm downloading OK now. But I believe you. I will go back and delete offendibg .dll. also.
God Bless.

Dragon_1

Post by Guest »

hellene,
The offendibg .dll. was not in that plug ins folder. Just as well. If I need to do anything else, beside edit my registry to my best ability to get the free download manager out of their too. Any Ideas on the file name, other then the free download manager, I could sure use the input and kind help!
Dragon1

Post by Dragon1 »

hellene,
I beg you pardon, I was the guest above. I was sue I had was signature checked.
Dragon1
hellene

Post by hellene »

That should have said "offending" .dll of course :) And there's me just told someone else I'm a good typist :oops:

I would guess any registry entry might have npf or npfdlm in it.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy
Dragon_1

Post by Dragon_1 »

hellene,
I had a feeling thats what you meant, but I am open to learning anything new?L.O.L.
Thank You and take care. By the way, I'm a two fingered typer myself. Even only using two fingers, I get things putts up. Stuff Happens@!
Dragon1

Dragon_1