[Ext/dev] Old Addon Manager

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Exalm

Re: is when you disable or deletRe: [Ext/dev] Old Addon Mana

Post by Exalm »

Frank Lion wrote:
Exalm wrote:I personally never use neither details nor about dialog, but for you More link is important.

For me personally I don't care about the More link. I mean it's not like I have a 30 second memory and am going to forget where the addons About dialogs are.

No, my only reason for mentioning it is that I know, from experience, what users will focus on as being 'a bad thing' if it's missing. Don't forget, even technical people miss things as well - viewtopic.php?p=14219411#p14219411

Must say, I think text links in UI look cheap and rushed, so if it was me, I'd change all of them by pointing the button code at them (just need to add padding) and I'd do 'More' to start with and change that to 'Details' on later versions.

Here's the Browse Addons link done like that and it took 5 minutes to do and now looks like proper UI should...well, I reckon so :) -
If it gets included into SeaMonkey, you are free to do that in your themes. :)

(...I'll drop the size of those .category-name sometime, I think.)
For me the categories have the same font size as addon names and descriptions... Anyway, I've rewritten Linux and Windows styles for the next version (based on styles from Fx3), so it may be fixed for you as well.

Edit: Updated again. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/367 ... am-0.2.xpi
johnduncan

Re: [Ext/dev] Old Addon Manager

Post by johnduncan »

I have been looking for this exact functionality for months now. Thank you very much for your hard work on this project. Works great in 2.38 with a newer orthodox for seamonkey that I have been updating for maximum retro compatibility. Thanks again.

- John
johnduncan

Re: [Ext/dev] Old Addon Manager

Post by johnduncan »

I am now maintaining this project and have updated the extension to function correctly with SeaMonkey 2.48-2.54a1.

https://github.com/JohnDDuncanIII/old-addon-manager

-john