Login problem

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
poincare

Login problem

Post by poincare »

I had difficulty logging in yesterday. I had to send for a new password. Which I then changed in my profile.
The same thing happened again tonight but the password sent to me tonight doesn't work!
What can I do now?
(I couldn't use my own user name on this message.)
LoudNoise

Re: Login problem

Post by LoudNoise »

What is your username and what is the message you got?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
poincare

Post by poincare »

LoudNoise wrote:What is your username and what is the message you got?

username: actuary

message: I don't remember a message except that I kept getting the Login page with the Confirmation code (as in groundhog day).
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Give me a couple of minutes.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Looks ok. Can you try to log on again and give me the message. Also, is your comcast address still valid?
Post wrangler
poincare

Post by poincare »

This the only message I get:
You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below.
poincare

Post by poincare »

And yes, the .... address is fine
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

That would be George, our resident gremlin. Watch your email :).
Post wrangler
actuary

Post by actuary »

Thank you very much for your help solving my problem by George!

But no good turn goes unpunished. So here is another (less important) problem for you. Why are the posted times off by an hour? I live on the east coast of the USA. In my profile, I set the time zone to Atlantic with DST. Did I do something wrong?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Go to "User Control Panel" (upper right). Click on "Board Preferences" and see what you have as "My Time Zone" phpbbs uses UTC so it likely has something to due with this. If George is messing with this we are all in trouble :).
Post wrangler
actuary

Post by actuary »

[quote="LoudNoise"] [S]ee what you have as "My Time Zone" [/quote]

[UTC-4] Atlantic Standard Time

DST is on.

At 5:48 the time showed 6:48 pm which is the time somewhere in the ocean. :-?
It looks like the BB shows local time for message posted (or are all posted times translated to my time zone.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Testing

Hmm, I don't know. It is working for me. You might want to start a new thread using that as your topic.
Post wrangler
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Same happens for me in central time zone... In the Mozillazine settings I simply set my location to mountain time to correct the error... FWIW, its been like that (for me) since I first got on this board
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
actuary

Post by actuary »

After my last post I guessed that I may have entered the wrong zone, that it should be Eastern Standard Time. I just changed that and the time seems to be working right!
actuary

Post by actuary »

By the way, what is all that stuff that appears at the bottom message of most messages.