[Theme] Noia Fox

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Theme] Noia Fox

Post by Aris »

@PRO
See NoiaFox Options changelog here: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/noia-f ... ions/3.0.2
PRO006

Post by PRO006 »

Thanks Aris

Back to version 3.0.1.1 all is well now :)
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

Hello PRO006,
I'm back.
It is possible to enable Personas with Noia Fox Options 3.0.1.1, but it is not possible to disable them with Noia (you must install default theme, then reinstall Noia). I must find time to work on the new way Firefox install Personas.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

mainlymot wrote:Hi, I can not use Noia Fox 3.1.4 on Thunderbird 38.0.1 because the red, yellow red and green buttons (close, minimize, zoom) are not there on my mac. They are there using the default theme. Also using Noia Fox options 3.0.2 but that has no effect. Noia Fox and options working well on Firefox 38.0.5. Thank you for your help and for the theme.

Tom

Edit: Sorry, didn't think my first post went through and not able to delete one of them.

Hello mainlymot, I'm back
Here is a beta version ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 3.1.5beta2 ) : can you test it?
mainlymot

Post by mainlymot »

Hey David.Vincent, I installed 3.1.5beta2 on both Thunderbird 38.1.0 and Firefox 39.0 on my mac 10.10.4 and all seems well. Thank you again.

Tom
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

Good news. Thanks
sajan

Post by sajan »

Hi @David.Vincent
An update for Firefox Nightly 43.0 would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
sajan
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

Hello sajan.
I have posted the last version quickly because there was some bugs I had to correct (Windows 10 compatibility, FF40 & FF41 new features, Mac compatibility with Thunderbird,...). I have worked a lot on it to make it ready for Firefox 40 and I had no time for FF42 & FF43 (there is a lot of code changes that must be written one more time & if I make Noia Fox compatible with FF42, it will not run with FF40. Thank you Mozilla). I will try to work on it, but I don't promise that the next version will come quickly, because I have my job that takes me a lot of time. Sorry.
aeronca1

Post by aeronca1 »

David.Vincent wrote:Are you sure that you respect all instructions I have posted? I have no problem after restart : Noia Fox keeps the black appearance.

I explain the instructions given in the Noia Fox option's help file :

. Choose a Personas (here https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/a ... ack-shine/) -> you still have this persona. You don't have to re-install it. Choose it into 'Add-ons Manager' - 'Appearance'

. Restart Firefox. -> now you have the black persona with the default theme.

. Open the 'Add-ons Manager'. Go to 'Appearance' page and select Noia Fox theme.

. Restart Firefox. -> now you have Noia Fox without persona.

. Check the option 'Persona enable' (Noia Fox options - tab 'Personas').

. Restart Firefox.

--> Noia Fox comes now with the black persona even after restart. You will have this persona until you uncheck 'Persona enable' or you choose another theme.

Sorry for resurrecting this topic, but yesterday I installed Firefox on a recently acquired old laptop with Windows Vista. I unfortunately let it sync and after downloading everything as per your instructions, the new versions no longer have personas and I have lost my nice black theme. I can use Noia or Black Shine, but no longer both together. Is there a new work around to get a black theme with Noia?
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

Hello aeronca, I post here a reply I have given on Noia Fox option page : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ws/727866/

Code: Select all

The Personas management has been changed with Firefox 39. I have removed Personas option because there is no way to disable Personas with Noia Fox theme enable.
One possibility :
* Install Noia Fox Options 3.0.1
* Enable Persona option : Persona will work
* If you want to disable Persona : Choose default theme, restart FF, Choose Noia Fox, restart FF -> Persona is disabled.
aeronca1

Post by aeronca1 »

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!
sajan

Post by sajan »

David.Vincent wrote:Hello sajan.
I have posted the last version quickly because there was some bugs I had to correct (Windows 10 compatibility, FF40 & FF41 new features, Mac compatibility with Thunderbird,...). I have worked a lot on it to make it ready for Firefox 40 and I had no time for FF42 & FF43 (there is a lot of code changes that must be written one more time & if I make Noia Fox compatible with FF42, it will not run with FF40. Thank you Mozilla). I will try to work on it, but I don't promise that the next version will come quickly, because I have my job that takes me a lot of time. Sorry.

@David.Vincent
Thank you very much for your quick reply. I fully agree with you about the code changes that have to be rewritten. As I can't use Firefox without Noia Fox theme, I have resorted to using the Beta Version (41.0) until you do get round to updating your theme.

Cheers,
sajan
Bplayer

Post by Bplayer »

There is a bug with Noia Fox and Win 10 where the Window controls are non operational. I originally reported it as a TB problem (see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1193721) but discovered that it is with Noia Fox.
David.Vincent

Post by David.Vincent »

I am sorry for users, but I have no more time for updating Noia Fox.
Noia Fox 3.1.5 - released August 8, 2015 - will be the last version.

There are to many changes every month with Firefox code. My job takes me a lot of time (with to many overtime hours) and if I want to have some free time, take care of my health, I must stop theme development.
Noia Fox was my baby. I give it a good look and a good compatibility. So I am very unhappy to stop his development, but when I began to develop Noia, the Firefox updates were not so close from each other.
Now Firefox updates come at a furious pace and we must spend over 30-40 hours per month to keep a theme compatible. I cannot follow this rythm.
Thanks to all users that support my theme for many years
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Well, David, I must say that I am very, very sorry to see you leave the world of Noia Fox. I'm sure I'll find another theme when Noia Fox is no longer working with the latest and greatest newly overdone Firefox, but until then I will continue to thoroughly enjoy the beauty of Noia Fox. Also, although I hate to see the end of Noia Fox, I do fully understand your need to maintain your sanity and to conduct your life as you see fit. Many thanks for the ride and good luck.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender