How do I completely remove WebIDE?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ghot

How do I completely remove WebIDE?

Post by ghot »

How do I completely remove WebIDE from FF 39.0? I don't need or want it, nor do I need or want the two add-ons that come with it when I accidentally activated WebIDE.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
therube

Re: How do I completely remove WebIDE?

Post by therube »

How did you enable it?
What add-ons come with it?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
therube

Post by therube »

Tools | Web Developer -> WebIDE (Shift F8) ?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ghot

Post by ghot »

Yeah I was trying to type a parenthesis, and it opened. Then, I have two new plugins, which "could" be removed...so I did. Then I used Customize to remove the Icon from the toolbar.

I read all the "more info's" but I'd rather just be rid of it. Thx in advance if anyone can tell me how to remove it.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

What happens in Firefox Safe Mode? This is a testing mode.

Help ---> Restart Firefox with add ons disabled.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Try opening about:config and in the search box enter: webide Any of the entries there in bold ? If so, flip them back to original settings by double-clicking the entry, or right-click 'reset'. May have to restart browser for it to take affect.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

TheVisitor wrote:Try opening about:config and in the search box enter: webide Any of the entries there in bold ? If so, flip them back to original settings by double-clicking the entry, or right-click 'reset'. May have to restart browser for it to take affect.

The OP wont find any prefs there,,,,, Search devtools instead
But messin with prefs wond get rid of the Code... Its compiled in...
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

JayhawksRock wrote:
TheVisitor wrote:Try opening about:config and in the search box enter: webide Any of the entries there in bold ? If so, flip them back to original settings by double-clicking the entry, or right-click 'reset'. May have to restart browser for it to take affect.

The OP wont find any prefs there,,,,, Search devtools instead

That's strange, I have a whole page full of 'webide' settings. I was thinking if he accidentally turned on something it would/might be bold and he could at least turn it back off. I agree, I don't there is any way to 'remove' it totally.

EDIT: Flipping this pref in about:config: devtools.webide.widget.enabled to 'false' will 'hide' the Icon for the tool.
I have not figured out how to remove the 'Valence' addon that was downloaded when I opened up 'webIDE' in a test profile to see what was happening. Hitting 'Remove' from Addons - only disables it.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

I should have been more clear I guess... My point really was inorder to remove the WebIDE module it seems that the devtools main module needs to be hacked.... The End, I'm out
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
ghot

Post by ghot »

about:config did it. Set about 4-5 things to False, it's gone.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

ghot wrote:about:config did it. Set about 4-5 things to False, it's gone.

Great... good to know... how about all the other dev tools... Any trick there you could share?
ghot

Post by ghot »

I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I like FF clean and simple. Mine even looks like I'm on Windows XP.

Flash 18.0.0.209 and that OpenH264 Codec are my only plugins, and I know how to remove the OpenH264 thing.

And the only two ad-ons I use are NoScript and Classic Theme Restorer.

Last edited by James on July 18th, 2015, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit as a large thumbnail link as image was too big for img tags at 1,328px by 681px
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

It looks like you are on Windows 7 Home Premium.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
ghot

Post by ghot »

Last edited by Daifne on July 19th, 2015, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed img tags. Size of image breaking forum format.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Your user agent says Windows 7... Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0