Torrent Status (old addon, new name)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
lithopsian

Re: Torrent Status (old addon, new name)

Post by lithopsian »

Sorry, I only just spotted this question. I do see the problem here, so I'll submit an update to fix it.
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

What a nightmare! Did you see that the torrent status was "Dowloading", without an "n"? So it wasn't recognised as being a download. I can never spot those typos. v1.16 should be working.
khakkinen

Post by khakkinen »

lithopsian wrote:What a nightmare! Did you see that the torrent status was "Dowloading", without an "n"? So it wasn't recognised as being a download. I can never spot those typos. v1.16 should be working.

Wow, I didn't even pick up on that :P Just tried it and it is fixed now :) Thanks heaps :)
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

khakkinen wrote:
lithopsian wrote:What a nightmare! Did you see that the torrent status was "Dowloading", without an "n"? So it wasn't recognised as being a download. I can never spot those typos. v1.16 should be working.

Wow, I didn't even pick up on that :P Just tried it and it is fixed now :) Thanks heaps :)

No problem :)
sgrayban

Broken 1.18

Post by sgrayban »

The newest version 1.18 breaks the uncompact mode. You don't see the D or U stats and the only way to see the icon is in compact mode only.

Had to go back to 1.17 to get the previous functions back and prevent the addon from being upgrade
lithopsian

Re: Broken 1.18

Post by lithopsian »

sgrayban wrote:The newest version 1.18 breaks the uncompact mode. You don't see the D or U stats and the only way to see the icon is in compact mode only.

Had to go back to 1.17 to get the previous functions back and prevent the addon from being upgrade

1.19 released today should fix this.
sgrayban

Post by sgrayban »

1.19 fixes those issues
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

1.18 removes support for the old (OLD) status bar shim, since this doesn't even exist in Firefox any more. Anyone still using the widget on the status bar, for example, by installing the Status-4-Evar addon, will have to drag one of the toolbar widgets (horizontal or vertical) onto a toolbar.

1.19 fixes the label mode display which was invisible in 1.18. It was there, I promise, but invisible so not very helpful ;)
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

More updates since I got into testing mode. With the new multi-process Firefox (enabled in the latest nightlies, but not yet in released versions), some features don't work. Clicking magnet links almost certainly won't work and there is a Firefox bug on this. Clicking torrent file link usually won't work and I'm waiting for feedback on this from bugzilla. The display and monitoring functions all appear to work OK, but if not then let me know.

I have also discovered some cases where torrent file clicks don't get sent to the torrent client, related to previously cached files. The cases are intermittent, but I'm looking into fixes. If anyone is having desperate trouble with something that sounds like this, let me know and I'll try to hurry it up. Or if you have particular locations where torrent links are unreliable, I'll look into those and whether they can be made to work better. There is no universal standard for how a torrent file should be served and it is possible that some cases are just plain not recognised as a torrent file.

Magnet links should always be recognised in the current release versions of Firefox and I would recommend you use them when available for all sorts of reasons.
Draky95

Post by Draky95 »

Hello.

Any news about support for qBittorrent 3.2 which is out ?

lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

Draky95 wrote:Hello.

Any news about support for qBittorrent 3.2 which is out ?

3.2 isn't in the Debian repos yet and I've been too busy to compile it. I might try it from the Ubuntu PPA.
Draky95

Post by Draky95 »

Ok.
I'm using Ubuntu PPA so yes it is in the PPA ;)
ender4

Post by ender4 »

Any update on when you plan to implement support for qbittorrent 3.2.*?
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

I'm afraid qbittorrent is on the back burner while I try to get e10s working. I think I've got it all coded correctly, but the content process messaging is flaky as all get out, and the magnet protocol handler simply doesn't work with e10s on.
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

I've uploaded a beta version that should work with e10s enabled. Should work with latest nightlies, but also with older versions and with multiprocess turned off.

Magnet links don't work with e10s enabled:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=940206