[Solved] Issues with ASUS router admin web interface

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Dragget

[Solved] Issues with ASUS router admin web interface

Post by Dragget »

I have noticed a problem recently on my ASUS RT-N66U router when logging into the router configuration page using Firefox browser. Initially, it will work normally, but if I log out and then later on try to access the configuration page again, Firefox displays whatever page I was viewing last on the router (usually the logout message) and won't continue. I have a workaround, but this is annoying and I'm wondering why it's doing this on Firefox and not Chrome or Internet Explorer. Here is what I have to do each time before I can access the router:
1) Open Firefox's options page
2) Navigate to "Advanced"
3) Select 192.168.0.1 in the box for websites storing offline data
4) Click "Remove" to delete the offline cached data
After performing this procedure I can then access the router's web config for another session.
Here is a screenshot of the settings page in Firefox. The red arrows indicate what I have to select to clear this saved data.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd95 ... y8mo2g.png

FWIW, I'm using Firefox 39 and my firmware version on the router is 3.0.0.4.376_3861. I posted on the ASUS support forum, but no one there seemed to have any ideas on why this is happening.
Last edited by Daifne on July 26th, 2015, 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed img tags. Size of image breaking forum format.
DanRaisch

Re: Issues with ASUS router admin web interface

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried clearing the cache and/or cookies relating to the router?

Clear the browser cache (use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Firefox will "Use custom settings for History"->Show Cookies button).
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Do you need offline-cache ? You could just turn it OFF

about:config
browser.cache.offline.enable toggle to 'false' - may have to restart browser.
Dragget

Post by Dragget »

DanRaisch wrote:Have you tried clearing the cache and/or cookies relating to the router?

I checked and there are no cookies for this.
DanRaisch wrote:Clear the browser cache (use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

That is what I tried first when the problem started happening... no result.
TheVisitor wrote:Do you need offline-cache ? You could just turn it OFF

The management interface is using HTTPS. when I access it, Firefox gives me a warning about an invalid certificate. In order to access the site I have to create an exception. When I do that there is a box to check to "store this exception permanently". I have been unchecking the box but even though I unchecked it, it's still storing that 1.4kb for the site.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Simple solution... Use IE to configure and maintain your router...
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Dragget

Post by Dragget »

That fixed it. Thanks. Is there a way I can mark your post as the solution? Some support forums have that feature but I couldn't find it. BTW: what does the offline cache do, anyway?
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Dragget wrote:

That fixed it. Thanks. Is there a way I can mark your post as the solution? Some support forums have that feature but I couldn't find it. BTW: what does the offline cache do, anyway?

Glad that fixed it for you. As for the 'offline cache', I really don't know why its there or its purpose.