Sea Monkey Mail will not open

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Cuginovinnie

Sea Monkey Mail will not open

Post by Cuginovinnie »

It is happening more and more lately. When I click on the Sea Monkey Mail icon, it will not open. I had opened it several times before. If I reboot my Win7 machine, after reboot, it will open up again and again when I need it.... However sometimes later again, it will not open later in the same session and I have to re-boot again. It seemed like this started when I went to version 2.33.1 Looking for an an answer..

Vince...
therube

Re: Sea Monkey Mail will not open

Post by therube »

So closing SeaMonkey & restarting doesn't get it working again, you actually have to reboot the computer?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Cuginovinnie

Post by Cuginovinnie »

Right now for example... I have opened Sea Monkey and closed it. Sea Monkey Mail will not respond to clicking on the icon. if I close this link to the forum, close Sea Monkey and then try to re-open it, Sea Monkey browser will re-open. Sea Monkey Mail will not open. I will have to reboot to get it to work I'm wondering if it's Windows 7 or Sea monkey causing this. Would love to hear a fix by e-mail
therube

Post by therube »

When it happens, anything related in Error Console (Ctrl+Shift+J) ?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Cuginovinnie

Post by Cuginovinnie »

Right now I am in Sea Monkey browser and viewing my replies. Just before this, I tried to open the mail and got nothing. I closed sea monkey and then reopened it. The mail still won't open, until I actually reboot the machine.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Cuginovinnie wrote:It is happening more and more lately. When I click on the Sea Monkey Mail icon, it will not open.

Where is this icon? On desktop or "envelope" on Status Bar?

Did you tried "Ctrl+2" shortcut? It should open "mail window".

Do you have any non-default theme?

Did you tried to run SeaMonkey in "safe mode"?
Menu -> Help -> "Restart with Add-ons Disabled"

Did you tried to make new profile (for test) and then check "e-mail window problem"?

Do you have any "Firewall" or "Security Suite" software that can control applications/programs run on PC?
--
Cuginovinnie

Post by Cuginovinnie »

I'll wait until it happens again and try the Crtl+2 option. I believe I did try it before. Don't want the Safe Mode, because if I have to reboot, I go in regular mode and the email will open. The envelope is on the desk top and the task bar and Start menu, All Programs, Sea Monkey, Sea Monkey Mail. Everything works perfectly for days at a time, then bingo, it won't work, until I reboot. At the same time, when Sea Monkey Mail, is down, the Sea Monkey Browser works great. Mail with the same version in Windows Vista on my laptop and Windows 8.1 on my wife's computer has no problems. Only on my Win7 Desktop. It's just annoying that I can't solve it.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Cuginovinnie wrote:Don't want the Safe Mode, because if I have to reboot, I go in regular mode and the email will open.

"Safe mode" for SeaMonkey doesn't require to reboot OS (MS Windows).

Cuginovinnie wrote:The envelope is on the desk top and the task bar and Start menu, All Programs, Sea Monkey, Sea Monkey Mail.[...] Only on my Win7 Desktop.

Looks like some problem with shortcut. Make sure "SeaMonkey Mail" shortcut's properties has:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" -mail

When Browser is active then "Ctrl+2" should work correct in your case.
--
therube

Post by therube »

Cuginovinnie

Post by Cuginovinnie »

TPR75 wrote:
Cuginovinnie wrote:It is happening more and more lately. When I click on the Sea Monkey Mail icon, it will not open.

Where is this icon? On desktop or "envelope" on Status Bar?

Did you tried "Ctrl+2" shortcut? It should open "mail window".

Do you have any non-default theme?

Did you tried to make new profile (for test) and then check "e-mail window problem"?

Do you have any "Firewall" or "Security Suite" software that can control applications/programs run on PC?

I put it in safe mode and mail opened... without re-booting. The Ctl=2 did not work...Thanks...; While in this window, I have closed and opened mail twice. It doesn't happen every day, but when it does, you have solved my problem,
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Cuginovinnie wrote:
TPR75 wrote:[...]
[...]

I put it in safe mode and mail opened... without re-booting.[...]

It means you have some extension or theme that is making problem. Try to:
1) enable default theme,
2) disable all extensions (in normal mode) and restart SM,
3) then enable one at time and test "Ctrl+2" (this shortcut should always work).
--