[EXT] Norwell history tools

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pirst

Re: [EXT] Norwell history tools

Post by pirst »

xola,

right click on the link of interest and select "display breadcrumbs leading to this page":

http://i.imgur.com/lEHlXR3.png?1

Norwell will select link trail that led to this particular link. There are lots of problems with firefox history logging as mentioned on norwell description page. So referrer information is logged very unreliably, but whatever is logged can be very valuable information.
xola

Post by xola »

Thanks for information.
But where are the links?
I mean, can i copy them?

I can only see a number
" total count of referer" :

Any possibility to get all links?
pirst

Post by pirst »

xola,
If you select individual link the text "total count of referrer... etc" will change to link info. After that you can select text and copy it.
I'm afraid you can't copy all trailing links at once as history block out of context. You can only scroll up and down and view selected links for reference purposes.
pintassilgo

Post by pintassilgo »

Request: reduce the margins of the button, it's much larger than the others.

Hovering each one:

Thanks!
pirst

Post by pirst »

pintassilgo wrote:Request: reduce the margins of the button, it's much larger than the others.

Hovering each one:

Thanks!

I'm afraid there are no margins on the button. It's just plain vanilla png image without any style attached. Do you use a third party theme?
pintassilgo

Post by pintassilgo »

Just Classic Theme Restorer.

Using DOM Inspector I've found the cause: the button should have

Code: Select all

class="toolbarbutton-1 chromeclass-toolbar-additional"

like all other buttons.

browser.xul, line 34, fixed version:

<toolbarbutton id="norwell-button" class="toolbarbutton-1 chromeclass-toolbar-additional" style='list-style-image: url("chrome://norwell/content/norwell.png");' label="Norwell" oncommand="norw.hello(0);">

This also fixes the height increase of addonbar/statusbar when Norwell button is in it.
pirst

Post by pirst »

I couldn't replicate the problem on ubuntu or windows 7.
pintassilgo

Post by pintassilgo »

Windows 7 here. When you hover the Norwell button and other (Downloads button, for example), the border around each one is of the same size?
pirst

Post by pirst »

thanks for tip about hovering. It didn't even occur for me. Yes it seems that hightlight area is out of bound when hovering when comparing to other icons like adblock plus or downloads. It's really strange that firefox doesn't apply it's own default style to styleless icons or at least applies it not uniformly. It's hard to tell for me when it will be next update, but I'm glad you promptly resolved it and shared solution with others - it would be very hard for me to find solution to such problem.
pirst

Post by pirst »

uzi inquired about shortcut configuration for norwell. i'm posting solution for him and for others.

In browser.xul after

</script>

add following code

<keyset id="mainKeyset"> <key id="key_convert" key="h" modifiers="accel alt" oncommand="norw.hello(0)"/> </keyset>

Since ctrl h is reserved it will use ctrl alt h
mozzzz

how to display the history of not just today?

Post by mozzzz »

The extension displays the current day only. I have no idea how to display other days or the complete history as well.
v 3.1.0.2.1., FF39
pirst

Re: how to display the history of not just today?

Post by pirst »

mozzzz wrote:The extension displays the current day only. I have no idea how to display other days or the complete history as well.
v 3.1.0.2.1., FF39

click on "limit" button. then mark "enable" checkbox. use calendar in poped out panel to select desired "from" and "to" history dates and press magnifying glass icon in norwell search field .

if you just want to quickly display complete browsing history without messing with calendar - just enter a dot (.) into norwell search field and press enter (of course it might take a while if your history is huge and it might slow down your pc temporarily).
Anubioz

Post by Anubioz »

Hi! Is there a way to make your wonderful add-on to work with closed tabs list from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-manager/ ?
It stops to display a list of the closed tabs as long as NHT is activated (and starts to do it right after deactivation (and it seems to be actually saving all closed tabs as intended - it's just the button which won't work...)
pirst

Post by pirst »

Anubioz,
I'm not familiar with that addon. Firefox native session manager has no problems displaying or restoring closed tabs when norwell is active. It shows and restores norwell tabs as well.
Anubioz

Post by Anubioz »

Well, I'd be grateful if you could direct me into what can be wrong and what steps should I take to try to fix that. Session Manager is like in top 50 of addons, I suppose it shouldn't be too much of a work to fix (since top addons should be well coded, right)?