Page Elements Displaying Poorly only on SeaMonkey?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
SmittyNY

Page Elements Displaying Poorly only on SeaMonkey?

Post by SmittyNY »

I’m experiencing a problem with my preferred web browser, SeaMonkey. There are graphic elements on pages that are not being displayed in the browser. To be honest, I’m not sure what type of image files these are. I just know they aren’t being displayed in the SeaMonkey browser in the same way as they are in my other web browsers. I’ve tried reinstalling from a fresh download as well as reinstalling the British version of the browser.

I’ve included examples of two views of a typical Linkedin.com page. One browser view is SeaMonkey, the second is Safari. You will notice how the icon elements are abnormally displayed in the SeaMonkey browser. I’m running other alternative browsers that display the pages accurately, only SeaMonkey experiences this problem of poorly displaying image icons. Is there a switch located in preferences or something that I need to check?

SEAMONKEY

SAFARI

Mac Pro
16 Gigs of Ram
Yosemite OSX
SeaMonkey version 2.33.1
Optimum Internet service
Last edited by SmittyNY on August 9th, 2015, 9:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
LoudNoise

Re: Page Elements Displaying Poorly only on SeaMonkey?

Post by LoudNoise »

Copy and paste the links if you want to view the images. They cause a download.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
SmittyNY

Post by SmittyNY »

After returning, I fixed this posting. Though I suspicion unauthorized tampering messed it up. I hope someone can help resolve this issue with the browser.
lem3

Post by lem3 »

Those icons are actually characters in the "LinkedIn-Glyphs-2.0.5" font set. Use Edit -> Preferences ->Appearance -> Fonts and turn on "Allow documents to use other fonts".
James

Post by James »

SmittyNY wrote:After returning, I fixed this posting. Though I suspicion unauthorized tampering messed it up.

The images are breaking forum layout for people with smaller windows or resolution as to why img tags were removed. Problem is the image host you chose to use does not really allow links to image or to make thumbnail links to full size.
therube

Post by therube »

Edit | Preferences | Appearance -> Fonts => Allow documents to use other fonts (enable)

(If you use NoScript, it also has a [separate] option to block Fonts.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
SmittyNY

Post by SmittyNY »

Yes... That did the trick! Thanks very much for your help.