FF 40 any CSS to restore old look of the addons manager?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
kukla

FF 40 any CSS to restore old look of the addons manager?

Post by kukla »

I really dislike what I find to be the much too white look of the AOM in 40. As usual, seems to be pointless change just for the sake of change. Is there any CSS to restore the grey background in just the AOM? It was easier to pick out individual items against the grey.

Maybe Aris can do something for this in CTR, as he's already addressed some of the other new issues in the AOM?
Virtual_ManPL

Re: FF 40 any CSS to restore old look of the addons manager?

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Yes, it's already "fixed" by Aris in Classic Theme Restorer, just download latest beta.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
kukla

Post by kukla »

I'm not finding anything besides the latest 1.3.7, which is what I already have. Not seeing any latest beta in the versions page. Did you mean the three UI settings for the AOM? None of these takes care of the issue I'm describing.

This is the look I would like to recover.

streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Close to your screenshot. I'm sure you can change the colors.

Firefox Addons Manager (pre-v40) - Themes and Skins for Browser - userstyles.org
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
kukla

Post by kukla »

Thanks, problem is it disables addon version number from CTR. But I'm trying a few others that are related, like this one

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cam/
Foxinabox

Post by Foxinabox »

For unknown reasons, Mozilla changed the DOM hierarchy of about:addons in Firefox 40. Previously, it was easy to use CSS to reorder everything because things were at the same level of the hierarchy. Now things are nested, which makes it a PITA (or impossible) to change the order of some of the elements.