GOOGLE TOOLBAR

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
colley30

GOOGLE TOOLBAR

Post by colley30 »

lost my Google Toolbar (Version 7.25*) after installing FF 40.0.1; Add On List says it's not compatible with this version of Firefox; Edited my RDF File to include
this version of FF, however it still does not work... PLEASE HELP
JayhawksRock

Re: GOOGLE TOOLBAR

Post by JayhawksRock »

That one is dead and buried See > https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/go ... th-firefox
This replacement seems to work for many users and is recently updated
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ebar-lite/
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
colley30

Post by colley30 »

NO it's not ! it worked fine until I installed FF 40.0.1
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Google abandoned Toolbar for Firefox 4 years ago and hadn't really bothered to keep it working for many years before that.
http://googletoolbarhelp.blogspot.com/2 ... refox.html

Beginning with Firefox 40.0, you will no longer be able to run extensions that you have personally modded for security reasons. You must find a *signed* replacement which is currently maintained.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
James

Post by James »

colley30 wrote:NO it's not ! it worked fine until I installed FF 40.0.1

Just because you were able to get it to still barely work does not mean it was a properly functioning extension. The last Firefox release Google supported was Firefox 4.0 barely even and then announced a month after Firefox 5.0 release that they stopped all work on their toolbar extension for Firefox.
colley30

Post by colley30 »

it functioned perfectly until I installed FF 40.0.1
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Then I would suggest that you should talk to Google about it. It isn't up to Firefox to maintain support for any extension, it is up to the developer. Since the developer in this case announced that they stop development years ago I suspect that you will give them a good laugh.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
colley30

Post by colley30 »

you know next to nothing about Google Toolbar; it has worked perfectly fine for many years since FF Version 4 by editing my Install.RDF file; it's quite likely you have no idea what this is !
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

We know more than you do about the stupid thing having had to answer the same puerile rubbish from endless "experts" who claimed it worked properly when in fact we could prove otherwise. Get this into your head it is dead and will not come back period end of sentence.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
James

Post by James »

colley30 wrote:you know next to nothing about Google Toolbar; it has worked perfectly fine for many years since FF Version 4 by editing my Install.RDF file; it's quite likely you have no idea what this is !

We had to deal with posts about this Google toolbar extension back in 2011 with people wondering why it did not completely work in Firefox 5.0 and newer then after people modified the install file to force the install then.
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot toolbar is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch bumped 'is RDF file 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROTTOOLBAR!!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

And now this topic is as dead as that parrot/toolbar. Locking as there no constructive discussion is likely beyond this point.