TB 38.2.0 and hibernate

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
dm27519

TB 38.2.0 and hibernate

Post by dm27519 »

I have been using Thunderbird for quite a while on Windows 7. Previously I could hibernate the PC with Thunderbird running and resume later with no problems. After updating to version 38.2.0, Thunderbird will no longer automatically retrieve new mail from the servers after the PC restarts. It works if I manually force it to get new messages. If I stop Thunderbird and restart it then everything works again. Not sure if this is a 38.2.0 issue or whether something got corrupted.
jkellyjrvt

Re: TB 38.2.0 and hibernate

Post by jkellyjrvt »

This version has the same problem with the date in the "Today Pane" radio button in the lower right corner. If you only hibernate and reactivate, the date never changes. Closing and re-opening TB will restore the current date.
f5moab

Post by f5moab »

Same problems here, plus sometimes, the entire application is froze. Clicking on on items with the mouse fails to wake it up, and a close/open of Thunderbird is required. I have even operated the application is safe mode for a day and it still does it.
f5moab

Post by f5moab »

Kept freezing today, so I went back in time. Deleted 38.2.0 and installed 38.1.0. Strange thing is with 38.1, I always get a popup saying I need to sign onto one of my accounts that is receiving emails with no problem. So I just close the popup box. But easier to close that box every time I open it in a day vs. have to close and restart the client as I had to do with 38.2.
I see there is a version 40 (beta) being worked on, per the site that contains all the Thunderbird version.
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... /releases/