big lag in youtube when i click something

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Michael REMY

big lag in youtube when i click something

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

since the last version of SM i use (2.33.1 on win7 x64), i have some big lags in youtube page and any integrated youtube player on other webpages.

the lags append ONLY when i do action on click (like the player button or the tootips in the video to skip announce before the video). maybe i am wrong, but this button and tool tips are html javascrit aren't they ?

when the lag apen, all the tab are blocked too, i can't switch to them, i have to wait the end of the lag like seamonkey was frozen. Strange thing is that the soung (of the video youtube) goes on but not the video and not my mouse listen clic.

i thought youtube was gone to html5, but there is always Flash and i have the last release 18,0,0,232 , so i don't understand. is it a video issue, flash issue, javascript issue ? (my nvidia drivers are also updated too.)

then i tryied the same page on internet explorer 11, and all is flawless, no lag, no stop on action button neither tootips button.

So, what is the big deal with SM & youtube now ?
therube

Re: big lag in youtube when i click something

Post by therube »

> i thought youtube was gone to html5

It should be in SeaMonkey 2.35 or you can "force" it, currently.

> i have some big lags in youtube

Any change in Safe Mode?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

therube wrote:> i thought youtube was gone to html5

It should be in SeaMonkey 2.35 or you can "force" it, currently.

> i have some big lags in youtube

Any change in Safe Mode?

i tried same mode and it lags too.
i tried this page :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMg2K7jzdi0

once the video start and well loaded, i click somewhere in the scroll-load bar to change the position in the video and it lags (all block except sound, even the url address bar is unclickable!)
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

it is a quiet funny because once the lag is off, i do a reload page and redo the exact same click in the page and it re-lags again ! then i guess that excludes the problem came from the preload or loading of video because it is in the cache and already full-loaded.
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

now youtube went to html5 and the bug is not reproduce anymore.

i will check satellite site with youtube inframe video player and comeback.