Firefox clear cache issues

Discuss how to use and promote Web standards with the Mozilla Gecko engine.
MandyMc

Firefox clear cache issues

Post by MandyMc »

Hi I am running Firefox 40.0.3 on OSX Yosemite 10.10.4. I have gone to Firefox preferences>privacy> remove individual cookies. typed in the URL I am having issues with, found the cookies, removed selected, refreshed the page and the cache issues remains. Any suggestions? Should I remove firebug as I read in a very old forum post?
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox clear cache issues

Post by DanRaisch »

You refer to deleting the cookies but did you also clear the cache?
MandyMc

Post by MandyMc »

Sorry yes I did clear cache for everything
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to make sure all tabs are closed just in case a cookie/cache isn't being used by a tab, clear out the cache/cookies, close Firefox, start it... check for cookies... It's probably not the case but I'm thinking that something in memory is retaining cookie info or ?? and messes up stuff... just thinking outload here :lol:

... and some extensions force cookies... you might want to think about that.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

What kind of issues are you having with the site? Perhaps that will point toward a different approach.
MandyMc

Post by MandyMc »

Hi everyone, thanks for your responses. Hi have cleared the cache (everything), deleted cookies, shut down firefox (twice) and I am still experiencing a cache issue with a website I am developing. The problem is that the page shows wide padding around the main content and yet with other computers (my client) it doesn't. I was writing to theme developers regarding this issue and they sent back a screenshot with the padding not there.

I have shut down my computer and rebooted the modem, still no luck.
MandyMc

Post by MandyMc »

PS just tried another browser, safari and the issue shows there as well .. so obviously not a firefox issue. Sorry to have lead you all up the wrong path.
MandyMc

Post by MandyMc »

Though I tried the website on google chrome and it doesnt have the extra padding, dont suppose anyone else has had this problem on a mac?
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Sorry, did you post the link? I'm not sure anyone can test the site without it.
MandyMc

Post by MandyMc »

Hi this is the link, the site is under construction, http://brams.org.au/family-centre/. The padding around the content, is quite large on my computer and not nearly so wide on others computers. Pity you cant upload images to this forum.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

MandyMc wrote:Hi this is the link, the site is under construction, http://brams.org.au/family-centre/. The padding around the content, is quite large on my computer and not nearly so wide on others computers. Pity you cant upload images to this forum.

See here how to add image to your post: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
MandyMc

Post by MandyMc »

Hi thanks. I have posted the images on the site under construction .. see here http://brams.org.au/images/ This is a screenshot of how it looks on my computer.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Try pressing Ctrl + 0 (zero) to set your zoom back to default.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
MandyMc

Post by MandyMc »

Hi Cmd 0 sets the type back to its originally set size, it has nothing to do with the cache but thanks for the suggestion.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

MandyMc wrote:Hi Cmd 0 sets the type back to its originally set size, it has nothing to do with the cache but thanks for the suggestion.
Yes, but for me, if I zoom to too small a font, I get the display you're concerned with. Un-zooming eliminates that wide border around the center section.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers