Bookmark folder icons disapear with certain themes

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
T-800

Bookmark folder icons disapear with certain themes

Post by T-800 »

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and this is my first post here. I hope this is in the right place....

I'm using SeaMonkey 2.35 (I love SM) and I noticed a strange problem. When using certain themes such as Walnut For SeaMonkey or Orbit Retro 2.12, the folder icons on the bookmarks toolbar disappear and all I get is text.
Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks, T-800
barbaz

Re: Bookmark folder icons disapear with certain themes

Post by barbaz »

I don't have a definite answer as I don't use those themes, but I'd bet they're styling to either have no icons or pointing to icons that don't exist?

Inspect it with DOMi, look at CSS properties and see if there are associate icon(s), and if so check if they exist by trying to go to their URLs directly?
Tools > Web Development > DOM Inspector; File > Inspect Chrome Document > [seamonkey browser window's title]; click the arrow looking icon on the left of the toolbar & then click on the item you think should have an icon. To the left of where it says "Object - DOM Node", select "CSS Rules" (if that doesn't show it then "Computed Style") to get CSS properties. Look for URLs starting with 'chrome://' or maybe 'resource://'

Hope this helps.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to SeaMonkey Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

T-800 wrote:Orbit Retro 2.12, the folder icons on the bookmarks toolbar disappear and all I get is text.

Just glancing, I can see loads of bugs on that theme, but that's not one of them. Screenshot of what you're seeing?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
T-800

Post by T-800 »

Yeah, sure. First off, here's Walnut for SeaMonkey. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... b-dl-users
If you look at the screenshot, it shows that it has its own bookmark folder icons. But they aren't showing up when I use it. Orbit 2.12 is the same way. Here's some before and after pictures....I hope I do this correctly!

[img][img]http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt226/APHT-800/bookmarkiconsproblem1_zps7rqul5nb.png[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt226/APHT-800/bookmarkiconsproblem2_zpshl5vcdol.png[/img][/img]
Thanks, T-800
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

T-800 wrote:....I hope I do this correctly!

I'm sure you have, but I'm not seeing them (endlessly transferring..er..nothing) so, I'll bow out and leave this for someone else to answer.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

T-800 wrote:First off, here's Walnut for SeaMonkey.

Bookmark toolbar icons (folders and all) WFM with that theme.

Following the procedure I outlined above, I determined that (at least in my case) the image for bookmark folder is

Code: Select all

list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/widgets.png");

well, that is, just the following region:

Code: Select all

-moz-image-region: rect(98px, 52px, 110px, 40px);

Check if that chrome URI loads for you and (if it does) what is in that region?

(The OP seems to be on Win10, could this be a Win10 specific issue?)
T-800

Post by T-800 »

Tried that and it doesn't load for me.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

T-800 wrote:Tried that and it doesn't load for me.

I can tell by barbaz's post the area of concern.

All you can do is to seek out the theme author's Support link (usually on the right side of the Addons website page) and let the author's know they have a problem.

On one of Alfie's, I'm seeing a blue arrow for that bookmark folder and that's not right, it should be his closed/open folder icons showing there. The normal bookmarks on that toolbar also have their bookmark favicons slammed right up against the bookmark text and that's not right either.

In other words, both themes need a bit of TLC and updating.
T-800

Post by T-800 »

Alright, thanks everyone!

- T-800
T-800

Post by T-800 »

Okay, I've tried out a bunch of other themes and a lot of them are doing the same thing. Just letting you guys know in case this is a SM bug or something.

-T-800
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

T-800 wrote:
T-800 wrote:When using certain themes such as Walnut For SeaMonkey or Orbit Retro 2.12, the folder icons on the bookmarks toolbar disappear and all I get is text.
Anyone know what's going on? ...

Okay, I've tried out a bunch of other themes and a lot of them are doing the same thing. Just letting you guys know in case this is a SM bug or something.

:-k Right click on the Bookmarks toolbar >> Settings for this toolbar >>> Icons and Text

Cheers! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Frank Lion wrote:On one of Alfie's, I'm seeing a blue arrow for that bookmark folder and that's not right, it should be his closed/open folder icons showing there. The normal bookmarks on that toolbar also have their bookmark favicons slammed right up against the bookmark text and that's not right either.

In other words, both themes need a bit of TLC and updating.

The main problem I have been having with his walnut and walnut2 themes for quite a while is his experimentation with toolbar button orientation. He keeps changing that code in global.css, and it keeps messing up the appearance of various buttons. I have to figure out how to patch it and what to remove to fix it with every new version.
T-800

Post by T-800 »

Well, some themes are fine and others are not. So, is that just because some themes haven't gotten the updates they require, since the screenshots show them working fine?

-T-800
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

With Alfred Kayser's themes, it is not a question as much of updating as experimentation. In fact, I am glad he does not update as frequently as others do, since it would require patching more often.