FireFox freezing on when executed?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
haifista

FireFox freezing on when executed?

Post by haifista »

My FF loads up, then freezes anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds. This is extremely annoying? Does anyone else have this problem? Is it spyware? Should I post sys. specs.?

Post by Guest »

I am having the same problem. Used to run fine on my old machine, now constantly crashes and goes to "Not Responding." Please help, I miss my FireFox!
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

If your using Switch Proxy or User Agent Switcher - both are causing problems...Disable them

Post by Guest »

Yes, that worked, now it runs perfect. Thank you, Littlemutt
hellene

Post by hellene »

If you need them, UAS should work if you uninstall what you have and download the latest version from the author's website. Switchproxy should work if you disable its own internal autoupdate feature.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy

Post by Guest »

Same problem here after the install of Tiger on my MAC. My page will freeze and will be listed as unresponding and I will force quit the application because of the wait that can be 5 sec to whenever it decides to work again.
I didn't have this problem before the Tiger install.
J:D
Dave1980

Post by Dave1980 »

Littlemutt wrote:If your using Switch Proxy or User Agent Switcher - both are causing problems...Disable them

I'm not using any of them 2 and I havBasic CSS Box Modele that problemBasic CSS Box Model
Dave1980

Post by Dave1980 »

I'm not using any of them 2 and I have the same problem

(sorry for the doble post, autocopy extension's fault)
Terry Ann

How to disable...?

Post by Terry Ann »

Okay, for those of us who don't know how to disable those, could you give a few more specific instructions? Thanks!
stinkyass

Post by stinkyass »

phewww i thought i was gonna have to use IE5 again

THANKS
AmboyGuy

Post by AmboyGuy »

Terry Ann ; tools > Extensions --- right click on the extension and click disable.
Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1 ID:20111228084953
ChewyBass

Post by ChewyBass »

My problem began after installing the Switchproxy extension. As soon as I uninstalled the extension FF returned to normal behavior. Abviously there must be a bug in the software.

Post by Guest »

Hi, im also having probs with FF, i tried to uninstall Agent Switcher, says it will be uninstalled the next time i restart FF....but, its been saying that for a couple of hours....been restarted lots of times...

also, when i rt click on it, the disable option is greyed out...presumably cos its half uninstalled...

help..!!
hellene

Post by hellene »

Guest, try restarting firefox in Firefox safe mode and seeing if you can uninstall or disable it from there.

If that fails, a slightly more drastic solution is to try deleting the 'extensions' and 'chrome' subfolders in your profile folder (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Folde ... _folder.3F)
That will manually delete all themes and extensions. All the rest of your settings will be kept.
hellene

Post by hellene »

ChewyBass wrote:My problem began after installing the Switchproxy extension. As soon as I uninstalled the extension FF returned to normal behavior. Abviously there must be a bug in the software.
The bug is allegedly in Switchproxy's own autoupdate feature (not the firefox autoupdate) which snarfs when it tries contacting the developer's website. Others have however reported that disabling this feature does not cure the problem, and only uninstalling works.