[Ext] Magic Actions for YouTube

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Serge1

Re: [Ext] Magic Actions for YouTube

Post by Serge1 »

@Brummelchen, @PadaV4

How to repair a corrupted settings file:
Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter -> type magic in the search field -> right-click on "extensions.magicactionsforyoutube.json" -> click "Reset" -> restart Firefox

Please read "Help & Tips"... if you still have problems, contact us with more details: checked options, OS and browser version, installed add-ons etc.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

please dont bother me again, i have done with it. your extension is buggy or causes conflicts so the ball is on your side, i have no other problems around in firefox.
avada

Post by avada »

Brummelchen wrote:please dont bother me again, i have done with it. your extension is buggy or causes conflicts so the ball is on your side, i have no other problems around in firefox.

No-one forced you to come back to this topic...
James

Post by James »

Brummelchen wrote:please dont bother me again, i have done with it.

You can unsubscribe to this thread to not get emails when there are replies if that is what you annoyed about.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i dont subscribe to any thread, neither here or elsewhere - if it will be important i will read or write again. "i have done" is definitely - no need to approach to me again. he did so posted my statement again. ofc i am worried about that this extension is again buggy, not only here, and i am not in the mood to try again. if you consider to delete - just do it, there will be no worry.
avada

Post by avada »

@Serge1

Hello!

I know there's reluctance to make it possible to disable the Magic Actions toolbar. But could you add at least a unique class, or id to it so one could hide it via CSS.?
avada

Post by avada »

Was quality/resolution preview ever considered?
I greatly miss that from a different addon when I use magic actions. I like to see the resolutions of videos before I open them. It makes it easier to weed out trash.

The ratings preview would be nicer if it would load automatically.
Darkdragontc

Post by Darkdragontc »

I think there is a bug with this, i notice that my videos have 1080p with 60 FPS . When i put this add on in, it only shows 720 with no 60 FPS. Try this link without magic and then with it, (putting it on HQ) and you will see the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXvllj5CGMQ

i did clean my cache and everything to make sure it wasn't something that it was in the program it's self. But it isn't, i don't know what else to do, i do love this plugin, but i want to see in the HQ i made it in.
avada

Post by avada »

Something's wrong at your end. It works fine here.
Darkdragontc

Post by Darkdragontc »

Nothing is wrong on my end, there is something wrong with this, showing it in a odd format, when my real format is 1080p 60fps.
Soothsayer

Post by Soothsayer »

Darkdragontc wrote:Nothing is wrong on my end, there is something wrong with this, showing it in a odd format, when my real format is 1080p 60fps.

The differences are because the top two screenshots are using the Flash player (which incidentally, does not support 60fps), whereas the bottom one is the HTML5 player.

Try changing your options to not force Flash (or force HTML5) and you should see the same options whether Magic Actions is enabled or not.
Darkdragontc

Post by Darkdragontc »

I did this with HTML5 as well and it doesn't support it on Magic action , i still only get 720 and 360... no 1080, etc

Without magic action and on HTML5 i do get the right 1080 and 60 FPS. So there is either something i'm doing wrong, and no one knows or just a bug and no can reproduce it.
guniu

Post by guniu »

There is some problem with Enabling Auto HD. I have it set to 1080p and it sets it correctly in the Quality settings but the video itself doesn't play in that quality, here's proof: http://i.imgur.com/BAjNVp0.png
It happens once in a while, maybe one in ten videos or so. I have to click the 1080p setting for it to truly be 1080p: http://i.imgur.com/fSWiuQW.png
Darkdragontc

Post by Darkdragontc »

Ok maybe i'm not going crazy, you may have the same problem i have with changing qualities , etc.
ZineTime33

Post by ZineTime33 »

Hey,
Thanks for making one of the best extensions for Youtube.
There are two issues I wanted to bring to your attention.

1. When Autoplay is disabled but Speed Booster is enabled, the video starts buffering before the play button is even pressed once.
So if we open 3-4 video pages, they all immediately start buffering in the background and use up bandwidth.
Could you add a checkbox option for the Speed Booster to start buffering, only when the play button is pressed atleast once.
A separate checkbox option would make sure those people who prefer the current implementation would not be affected.
You could add a check box option under the Speed Booster setting which states "Only start buffering when the play button is pressed once."
This will make sure that the Autoplay is truly disabled and not start buffering till the play button is pressed atleast once.

2. Now I wanted to bring your attention to the second type Autoplay in Youtube, that automatically starts playing "suggested videos"
once the current playing video has ended. This is controlled by a small blue switch on the right side of the page placed above the list
of "Suggested" Or "Related" Videos. This switch is also known as Autoplay. This Autoplay button setting can also be found in
the settings of the video player and here too it is simply known as Autoplay. Kindly provide an option to disable this Autoplay as well.

Thanks.