Why is Firefox turning to rubbish?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
paulkruger

Why is Firefox turning to rubbish?

Post by paulkruger »

I used to prefer Firefox because I like open source and the lack of a corporate spy sitting behind the programming.

For the past many releases I have had many many problems using Firefox. ( I am writing from Chrome now ).

I cannot use Firefox to manage Joomla web sites any more. Buttons and other functions simply won't work. Click to save and nothing happens. No errors, just ignores me.

Today tried to load my IP camera on front porch and video is black. The camera delivers the page but no video. Switch to Chrome or IE and it works fine,just not in Firefox.

I clicked link in a site I am working on that contains YouTube video and the page is blank in Firefox but works fine in Chrome etc.

Getting slow to surf. Typing often lags my keyboard and so on.

Done multiple scans of computer with anti virus, malwarebytes, spybot, (and others) and found nothing to explain this outside of the fox itself.

It seems Firefox is falling apart compared to other browsers. Could this be one of the reasons it is falling behind rapidly in the browser wars?

While I would love to be able to use the fox, if they cannot produce a stable environment to compete with others I have no choice but to change my default browser...d@mn! :cry:
Vitesse

Re: Why is Firefox turning to rubbish?

Post by Vitesse »

Do you often ask rhetorical questions? Or have you just come here to whinge?

Have you done anything to find out why these 'many, many problems' are happening? Firefox Safe Mode? New profile?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

What happens in Firefox Safe Mode? This is a testing mode.

Help ---> Restart Firefox with add ons disabled.

Joomla:
Clear and cache. Tools --> Options --->Advanced, Network tab. Both Clear Now buttons.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
mike181204

Post by mike181204 »

Have to agree, firefox has gone right down the pan.
I have tried everything I can find out to get it to work properly, but it still blocks sites and links.
Surely that is my option to do so and FF should not be turning things on by default.
I don't need a nanny package, just something that can give me clear options.

I have had FF since the old Nav days and been happy with it in the main, despite some awful revisions, but this last lot of changes has forced me into using other browsers that actually work, whilst giving me the options to secure the network how I want, not be molly coddled by a FF release that does nothing other than raise my blood pressure.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Why dig up an old thread that died on 30th Sep 2015?
(&.....Your UA says you're running version 68.x.x......so?)

Locking due to old age.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)